Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212425262728293031

Thread: CL Predictions - Semifinals

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, that's a none top four finisher qualifying through the Europa out of the equation, I fully expect Villareal to win the Europa and Chelsea to win the Champions League now
    I know a thing or two about this game
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'm probably in a minority of one. I wanted utd and City to win. I thought they both gave it a go. Just now though defences are on top. Very difficult to get a shot on target that needs a decent save from the keeper.
    Eventually the wheel will turn and attackers will get their turn again. Football needs the Toshacks to get back involved or the tricky winger.

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    I'm probably in a minority of one. I wanted utd and City to win. I thought they both gave it a go. Just now though defences are on top. Very difficult to get a shot on target that needs a decent save from the keeper.
    Eventually the wheel will turn and attackers will get their turn again. Football needs the Toshacks to get back involved or the tricky winger.
    City's issue in the Champions League is they are successful in all our domestic competitions through having 2 teams that are both better than the vast majority of teams they play and because of how high that sets the points bar for winning the Prem, the other big clubs bar Chelsea who have similar but slightly lesser riches squad wise, doesn't really bother with the Carabao or FA Cup

In the Champions League however, City don't benefit from the luxury they do in domestic competition, they are faced by teams with equally as good best 14 or 15 players, and having it so easy in domestic competition, means they constantly fall short when faced by that challenge. This season, because of the ridiculous fixture list, and the injuries and fatigue that brought on many domestic and European rivals was THE best chance they will have of winning in Champions League in years and they bottled it

United's issue is simple, after two thirds of a season of a level playing field through the introduction of VAR in the 19/20 season, the Premier League, FA and refs association realised VAR and the laws of the game through it's use being applied correctly, took away their ability to adversely influence the outcome of games and started making the same bias decisions we saw throughout Fergie's tenure at United, gifting them points and taking points off their rivals through plain wrong decisions

That doesn't help United, because you don't build a winning mentality by officials handing you games and decisions and taking points off your rivals for you, you build it by having to fight with everything you have in every game, with 'normal' run of the mill decisions in games going against you as they do every other club and through winning games on merit, through your own ability, desire, intensity, quality and belief, this United side have never done that and propping 'Good loser' Ole up isn't helping them either, everytime they face a situation where THEY the players are the ones who have to bring all those qualities and win games for themselves without help from the officials, they fall flat on their faces and always will

Didn't have to face a hostile away atmosphere in Europe en route to the Final and still botched it.

Beautiful.

Did they take their medals off like Man United did?

Klopp and the team wore them in Kiev when they thanked the fans. Can't buy class.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Didn't have to face a hostile away atmosphere in Europe en route to the Final and still botched it.

Beautiful.

Did they take their medals off like Man United did?

Klopp and the team wore them in Kiev when they thanked the fans. Can't buy class.
    Yes they did Sid it's mentioned in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Yes they did Sid it's mentioned in another thread.
    It's crap to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Beautiful.
    Spot on - and must make all shitty fans - especially Noel sick to the pit of their manky guts. If ever there was a season tailor made for them to walk it - this was it. They can have no excuses.