Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: CL Predictions - Semifinals

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    520m first eleven with over £300m on the bench.

They are going to win it at some point and I suspect PSG will too eventually.

The league next year is going to be a walkover again as they will spend big as Covid not touch them.

Only a matter of time before the EPL is called a farmers league ����
    The Team they were playing probably had a more expensive 1st 11 on the pitch today.Personally i don't think about this when i am watching a game i'd rather sit back and enjoy what's on display on the pitch.
    Todays game was an exciting game dominated first half by PSG and second half by City unless you're a person that's more interested in dwelling on their owners fortunes it was entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    They won't mind that they are winning the trophies. Did we care what others thought about us in the last two seasons?
    No. Each ti their own but I'll personally never be envious of Man City. Utd yes because they are real rivals but not City.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    No. Each ti their own but I'll personally never be envious of Man City. Utd yes because they are real rivals but not City.
    It was a one team league for years when the filthy won most of their trophies because they were lightyears ahead of every other team in expanding their ground, youth development and global marketing and merchandising, at least they created that money themselves though, but it had the same effect they could effectively buy the league, buy other clubs best players, buy other clubs targets, they'd sometimes even buy a player to stop another team improving

Still this tie isn't over yet, City have a strong track record for bottling it in the Champions League, if PSG score first at their place, it will get very interesting, also think Chelsea and Tuchel understand how to use their forwards better against City than PSG used theirs tonight, as they demonstrated in the FA Cup semi final, I loathe both, but I'd prefer Chelsea to win it 'IF' both end up in the final
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    The Team they were playing probably had a more expensive 1st 11 on the pitch today.Personally i don't think about this when i am watching a game i'd rather sit back and enjoy what's on display on the pitch.
    Todays game was an exciting game dominated first half by PSG and second half by City unless you're a person that's more interested in dwelling on their owners fortunes it was entertaining.
    PSG first team cost £500m so a touch less.

The bench wasnt anywhere near the same though.

I didnt sit and think they have £50m players all over but when the pundits kiss their arse it is not exactly surprising they win.

Its a real danger for the game as if all the major leagues have the same winner 9/10 the tv money will dry up as people will switch off we are not at that stage yet.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    If you have ambitions of winning trophies you have to include City as a rival. They are not going away as much as we want them to. We will see if they can sustain it when they change managers its down to him more than anyone all this success.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    PSG first team cost £500m so a touch less.

The bench wasnt anywhere near the same though.

I didnt sit and think they have £50m players all over but when the pundits kiss their arse it is not exactly surprising they win.

Its a real danger for the game as if all the major leagues have the same winner 9/10 the tv money will dry up as people will switch off we are not at that stage yet.
    Everything destroys itself, if the Premier League and UEFA don't have a very stringent look at how City and PSG circumvent FFP and introduce a new version that closes all the loopholes they exposed, football absolutely will, fans will then want ESL or other leagues that don't include these teams and have FFP in place to stop the emergence of clubs who can buy success

If we go off todays transfer fees we are right up there with City really how much would we sell :Mane,Salah,Jota,Alisson,VanDijk,Firmino,Gomez,Tre nt, Robbo,Wijnaldum,Thiago,Fabinho for,
    I think on form these players would command very close to selling off Cities 1st 11
    Last edited by fagin; 28th April 2021 at 10:44 PM.

Well, let's hope the filthy suffer set back and a bruising encounter in their game against Roma tomorrow night ahead of their meeting with us on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    If we go off todays transfer fees we are right up there with City really how much would we sell :Mane,Salah,Jota,Alisson,VanDijk,Firmino,Gomez,Tre nt, Robbo,Wijnaldum,Thiago,Fabinho for,
    I think on form these players would command very close to selling off Cities 1st 11
    That is a different question though.

Yeah we paid around £350m for them but dont forget of the sales under Klopp ..Benteke Sakho Coutinho fetched £180m alone.

We probably paid £100m net for them City net probably £700m huge difference 6 times more revenue that is huge at elite level.

Am I out on a limb here? I wanted City to win. I want Chelsea to put the conniving synical cheating bastards out too. All English final for me please. This year and the next few while the Spanish teams get their financial house in order.