Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: CL Predictions - Semifinals

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    Am I out on a limb here? I wanted City to win. I want Chelsea to put the conniving synical cheating bastards out too. All English final for me please. This year and the next few while the Spanish teams get their financial house in order.
    I’d like to see city win it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I’d like to see city win it tbh.
    Me too and I think they will it's probably about time.

Did marehz free kick go between the wall? Some player he's turning out for them, more important than sterling

One thing I do like about peps teams are they play football the right way. FSG need to take note, City needed centrehalves and they went out and spent big on a couple at Harrods. Not a couple of cut price kids at Lidl like we did.
    They now look light up front with Agrero going so I exspect either Halaand or Kane to sign for them in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    Am I out on a limb here? I wanted City to win. I want Chelsea to put the conniving synical cheating bastards out too. All English final for me please. This year and the next few while the Spanish teams get their financial house in order.
    Erm City are wrecking every domestic competition and were supposed to be banned from this seasons and next seasons champions League for fiddling FFP

They are a far bigger threat to English football becoming a one team league than the big six getting their fair share of the TV money The premier League need to put a stringent no loopholes FFP in place before they destroy the Premier League product
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    One thing I do like about peps teams are they play football the right way. FSG need to take note, City needed centrehalves and they went out and spent big on a couple at Harrods. Not a couple of cut price kids at Lidl like we did.
    They now look light up front with Agrero going so I exspect either Halaand or Kane to sign for them in the summer.
    You can play anyway you like successfully if you throw 1.5bn at signing the very best players suited to how you want to play off the peg and pay them the highest wages, there's no real skill in that

Given Klopp's resources and another manager having his Guardiola wouldn't get anywhere near winning anything
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 29th April 2021 at 07:29 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Don’t think anyone would argue too much with that 19 - Ian simply saying that he likes their football and that we need to start shopping at Harrods instead of Lidl IF we want to compete.

We went to Harrods after selling Coutinho and look what happened next. City have since been on a couple of trips while we seem to be rummaging around in car boot sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Don’t think anyone would argue too much with that 19 - Ian simply saying that he likes their football and that we need to start shopping at Harrods instead of Lidl IF we want to compete.

We went to Harrods after selling Coutinho and look what happened next. City have since been on a couple of trips while we seem to be rummaging around in car boot sales.
    It proves that if you give the right manager proper money to spend , it will bring you success at home and in Europe.
    We've the right manager who proved he can buy the big players, sadly we just havn't bought enough of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You can play anyway you like successfully if you throw 1.5bn at signing the very best players suited to how you want to play off the peg and pay them the highest wages, there's no real skill in that

Given Klopp's resources and another manager having his Guardiola wouldn't get anywhere near winning anything
    But he's consistently doing it. Probably not the best season to compare things. But we made his team look ordinary last season he then went out and sorted it by adding top quality to an already brilliant squad. And keeping them all happy. He beat PSG last night without needing Sterling , Aguero and Jesus and I've probably missed a couple of others !!
    No point worrying about the other top teams we need to add at least 3 top quality players to our squad and not getting rid of anyone. We need a huge squad if we want to compete season in season out.

That is it though Ian imo City will compete pretty much every season whilst we wont we might challenge 1/5 years that is the reality.

This is nothing new how do you think fans in France/Germany feel they are 99% of the time playing for 2nd place.

Pep is a good manager there is no question of that but its easier when your owner says "Here is £100m go get two CBs"

We like the vast majority of teams cannot do that.

We need to shop smart like we have done last 4 years but you take more risks that way.

Im going to laugh if they clean up the next 3 years as I then think the pundits will start moaning.

If they lose Pep they lose 8-10 points I reckon but why would he leave ?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    That is it though Ian imo City will compete pretty much every season whilst we wont we might challenge 1/5 years that is the reality.

This is nothing new how do you think fans in France/Germany feel they are 99% of the time playing for 2nd place.

Pep is a good manager there is no question of that but its easier when your owner says "Here is £100m go get two CBs"

We like the vast majority of teams cannot do that.

We need to shop smart like we have done last 4 years but you take more risks that way.

Im going to laugh if they clean up the next 3 years as I then think the pundits will start moaning.

If they lose Pep they lose 8-10 points I reckon but why would he leave ?
    Having a massive budget is only relevant if you spend it on the right players. That's what the top managers do. They make mistakes, but fewer than most.