Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: CL Predictions - Semifinals

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Having a massive budget is only relevant if you spend it on the right players. That's what the top managers do. They make mistakes, but fewer than most.
    True but if he makes errors he has the resources to bin them off and sign more players is my point.

I mean different end of the table Dyche gets say £20m to spend he has a much lower pool to choose from so it is harder for him as an example.

I have no problem if some teams have more money as its always been that way but last week you had everyman & his dog yapping on about fair competition, do you think this is good for our league ?

I dont as I see it turning into German/French league

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    It proves that if you give the right manager proper money to spend , it will bring you success at home and in Europe.
    We've the right manager who proved he can buy the big players, sadly we just havn't bought enough of them.
    Absolutely this..

What's going on now is no worse than what has happened for years and years of underinvestment compared to other clubs.

But god forbid we had some owners that would spend money and make us able to compete on a regular basis in the league / champions league, oh no that's plastic as fuck!

Hey it's better than Ngog as backup to torres, and wee jay spearing as backup to gerrard and maschernanoooo but you know, even now we've got some players that frankly wouldn't look out of place in the championship

While you see the likes of utd's city's chelseas depth, Leicester have been rather lucky with Inachoo in form of his life, even though they suffered a bit with injury's .. and of course, no europe. since feb when they went out to rather average opposition.

We're not getting close to the league or champions league again unless FSG actually spend some money
    Last edited by Kev0909; 29th April 2021 at 12:29 PM.

I think you might be right Kev we just dont have the resources to compete over a 5-7 year period.

You can have the best manager but it means nothing if he doesnt get the tools to work with.

Our option is sell to another American who is likely to run us the same way or we get state or oil money.

We are not making the most of the Klopp years and we will dip after he goes much like Utd did when Ferguson went.

Mind next season is likely to start with reduced crowds which to me just makes it an even poorer situation.

We will find out in a few months about FSG will they back Klopp or will they do an Arsenal & throw in the towel ?!

Having a massive budget is only relevant if you spend it on the right players. That's what the top managers do. They make mistakes, but fewer than most.
    I get what you're saying, but how many sides can buy expensive full-backs, write them off then go and buy more - or buy 3rd/4th choice centre-backs at the price some clubs pay for strikers?

They're financially doped beyond belief and but for a very iffy verdict would be banned from the Champion's League this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I get what you're saying, but how many sides can buy expensive full-backs, write them off then go and buy more - or buy 3rd/4th choice centre-backs at the price some clubs pay for strikers?

They're financially doped beyond belief and but for a very iffy verdict would be banned from the Champion's League this season.
    We can't complain about centre backs, we have 2 who are rarely available and he's brought someone in (Davies) and never used him. Whether he was cheaper than what City would spend it doesn't matter, its still money that could have been spent on someone who was gonna get a look in. Especially when he came at at a time when we were desperate for numbers in that position.

We can't complain about centre backs, we have 2 who are rarely available and he's brought someone in (Davies) and never used him. Whether he was cheaper than what City would spend it doesn't matter, its still money that could have been spent on someone who was gonna get a look in. Especially when he came at at a time when we were desperate for numbers in that position.
    Klopp didn't bring Davies in. That's obvious. If he wanted him he would have played him.

Having a massive budget for pretty much any player you want means the budget is irrelevant.

So, the season they were supposed to be chucked out the champions league because of “ffp” is the season they may reach the final and win it?? Something fishy going on for all you conspiracy lovers

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Klopp didn't bring Davies in. That's obvious. If he wanted him he would have played him.

Having a massive budget for pretty much any player you want means the budget is irrelevant.
    If money played such an important part, why did we get to within a point of the title 2 seasons ago, and won it with ease last season.

Rodgers can't complain about the amount of money he was given, its not the owners fault he chose to waste most of it.