Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast

Thread: CL Predictions - Semifinals

It isn't a FACT the net spend is what counts and i know off the top of my head that a couple of those windows we signed more players the fewer they bought cost more without them recouping significant sums

Plus Jurgen had an entire first team to build, they already had and had paid top wedge for 2 keepers, Stones, Walker, Jesus, Sterling, Otamendi, DeBruyne, Gundojan, Delph and inherited Kompany, Fernandinho, Aguerro, Silva and there's more besides that, add Bernado Silva to that too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It isn't a FACT the net spend is what counts and i know off the top of my head that a couple of those windows we signed more players the fewer they bought cost more without them recouping significant sums

Plus Jurgen had an entire first team to build, they already had and had paid top wedge for 2 keepers, Stones, Walker, Jesus, Sterling, Otamendi, DeBruyne, Gundojan, Delph and inherited Kompany, Fernandinho, Aguerro, Silva and there's more besides that, add Bernado Silva to that too
    Wipe your mouth mate the shite is dripping out both sides i provided FACT unlike your usual paragraphs of shite
    Don't like the truth Eh !

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    I wish it was anything but FACT it's there for all to see

Transfers made by LFC compared to CITY for 7 windows :

2021 in Lfc Ben Davies
    Kabak (loan)
    City 0
    2020 in Lfc Konstantinos Tsimikas (summer)
    Thiago Alcantara
    Diogo Jota
    City Pablo Moreno
    Ferran Torres
    Nathan Ake
    Ruben Dias
    2020 in Lfc Minamino ( Jan )
    City 0
    2019 in Lfc Van Den Berg (summer )
    Harvey Elliott
    Adrian (free)
    City Angelino
    Rodri
    Cancello
    2019 in Lfc 0 (Jan )
    City 0
    2018 in Lfc Fabinho (summer )
    Keita
    Shaqiri
    Alisson Becker
    City Mahrez
    2018 in Lfc Van Dijk (Jan )
    City Laporte

Dosen't look like CITY outspent us in those 7 windows and that is a FACT
    I stopped looking after the summer 2020 window. Torres, Ake, morano and Diaz were a combined £130 million +.
    I'm sure Tsimikis,Jota and Thiago weren't anything close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I stopped looking after the summer 2020 window. Torres, Ake, morano and Diaz were a combined £130 million +.
    You conveniently forget Van Dijk and Becker on our part in the earlier windows which would put us at least 80mill more than City
    Last edited by fagin; 5th May 2021 at 06:40 AM.

They also signed Stevanovic, busts, couto,Rosa and Kabore ( players I've never heard of ,for a combined £25 million +.

They also signed Stevanovic, busts, couto,Rosa and Kabore ( players I've never heard of ,for a combined £25 million +.
    There were a few for LFC but as they were not big names i ddn't mention.The Bottom line is they're not really that far ahead of us in recent spending as most on the site would have us believe
    Injuries were our biggest problem definitely not signings
    Last edited by fagin; 5th May 2021 at 06:36 AM.

Those 3 cost us 79.70 million so not peanuts
    City paid 126.71 million for those 4 players
    Last edited by fagin; 5th May 2021 at 06:54 AM.

Why didn't you included 2017/18 ?
    Maybe because a they spent £250 million !! and every season before that for the last 10 years has been £100 + million .
    Pep took over league champions and has invested a shit load of money were as Jurgen took over a team in decline and has had to wheel and deal with his hands tied.
    What we've achieved is unbelievable against some of the richest and biggest spending clubs in the world and has been forgot at times even by some of our own support .
    Also this pandemic hasn't helped us, as we're running the club as a business and not a play thing.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    There were a few for LFC but as they were not big names i ddn't mention.The Bottom line is they're not really that far ahead of us in recent spending as most on the site would have us believe
    Injuries were our biggest problem definitely not signings
    Yeah,not far away I agree but they've been doing it for years. That's the difference.

Why didn't you included 2017/18 ?
    Maybe because a they spent £250 million !! and every season before that for the last 10 years has been £100 + million .
    Pep took over league champions and has invested a shit load of money were as Jurgen took over a team in decline and has had to wheel and deal with his hands tied.
    What we've achieved is unbelievable against some of the richest and biggest spending clubs in the world and has been forgot at times even by some of our own support .
    Also this pandemic hasn't helped us, as we're running the club as a business and not a play thing.
    The only reason i didn't go further back the prem league transfer site only went back as far as 2018.
    AS for the rest of what you are saying i agree with i'm not knocking lfc i'm trying to show they have not been spending that much more than us in the last few years and a manager cannot be condemned for what he took over