Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122232425262730 ... LastLast

Thread: CL Predictions - Semifinals

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Absolutely true.

That said - If FFP is fit for purpose and it isn't simply 'who can spend the most' how can it allow for City to be spending as they have done without punishment? How are they on the brink of being Champions of Europe?
    I think ffp was brought in under pretence of protecting the little guy from bankrupting themselves when in reality it was to stop the next Roman abrahmovic situation from happening.

I never agreed with it from day one but that said I agree that if it was implemented properly then city wouldn’t be spending the money to buy success. It became obvious pretty early though that that wouldn’t happen with uefa and all the other bodies bottling every chance they got to punish the big teams. Probably because legally they wouldn’t have a leg to stand on. It’s anti competition.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Wipe your mouth mate the shite is dripping out both sides i provided FACT unlike your usual paragraphs of shite
    Don't like the truth Eh !
    Maybe wipe your own son, Ian's also pulled you up on the inaccuracy of your deranged ramblings

The vast majority of the money for our purchases of Virgil and Big Bear came from sales, including that of Coutinho, we have the 14th or 15th lowest net spend over the entirety of the time Jurgen has been here
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The filthy's fans, Arsenal's and a fair few of ours no doubt are only protesting about their owners as they want a City type owner with zero interest in profit happy to spend whatever it takes to win out of their own, incredibly deep pockets, City and Chelsea alone have done and incredible job of making Neville's 'football pyramid' worthless, if the other 3 got City style owners what then?

Well, at least we'd have 4 or 5 team title and domestic cup challenges again i guess

The reality of the 'football pyramid' and 'level playing field' is that both are completely pointless and unworkable unless you have a stringent FFP system that actually works in place

The market mechanisms are entirely obvious, 4 or 5 clubs in a global transfer market, throwing unlimited funds at signing players ahead of each other and paying obscene salaries to land their targets inflates transfer fees and wages for every other club in every other league, in every other nation, throughout the entire 'pyramid' massively

Clubs go bust or get into financial difficulties just trying to go up a league or stay in a league because of a handful of clubs hugely inflating market prices

If Liverpool, Arsenal and the filthy's fans got their wish of City type owners, the further inflation that would cause would make even the astonishing sums from TV money the other clubs get without earning it irrelevant and a pittance in no time at all

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The reality of the 'football pyramid' and 'level playing field' is that both are completely pointless and unworkable unless you have a stringent FFP system that actually works in place

The market mechanisms are entirely obvious, 4 or 5 clubs in a global transfer market, throwing unlimited funds at signing players ahead of each other and paying obscene salaries to land their targets inflates transfer fees and wages for every other club in every other league, in every other nation, throughout the entire 'pyramid' massively

Clubs go bust or get into financial difficulties just trying to go up a league or stay in a league because of a handful of clubs hugely inflating market prices

If Liverpool, Arsenal and the filthy's fans got their wish of City type owners, the further inflation that would cause would make even the astonishing sums from TV money the other clubs get without earning it irrelevant and a pittance in no time at all
    But isn’t city’s record signing around 65m pounds. Think it’s Dias. Everyone is now saying wow, what a squad. 2 world class players in every position. How many of them were world class before city got them and how many were we crying that we weren’t in for? If they were all world class why weren’t they more than 65m. The reality is they’ve built a squad of good to great players who have got better under guardiola.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Last 10 years....and it seems consistent with other breakdowns - City have spent roughly 3x more despite having a title winning squad in place already! Yet somehow managed to escape FFP punishment. This is incredible given the fact that they have a fan base literally dwarfed by ours.

Seeing as salaries are similar ours £139 million - Shitties £146 million - and this similarity only recently - last 2 seasons....how can this be?

Somebody somewhere is telling some rather huge porky pies.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick...last-10-years/
    You sure about that Steveo? From what i read at the time, a huge part of City cheating FFP was Mansour setting up third party companies, with his associates listed as owners, but that he was pumping his money into

One of these was an image rights company as a means of falsely generating income through vast payments to City for image rights and wiping millions of their wages off the books through this company allegedly paying 30% of their actual wage bill to their players in image rights

All loopholes UEFA and the Premier League (who desperately need an FFP system in place) need to ensure they close

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    But isn’t city’s record signing around 65m pounds. Think it’s Dias. Everyone is now saying wow, what a squad. 2 world class players in every position. How many of them were world class before city got them and how many were we crying that we weren’t in for? If they were all world class why weren’t they more than 65m. The reality is they’ve built a squad of good to great players who have got better under guardiola.
    Most players are around that bracket though, and when you consider how that inflated the market and how high the fees they paid for Sterling, Stones, DeBruyne, Ederson, D Silva, Aguerro, Walker, Delph, Otamendi, Fernandinho etc etc etc would be in todays market they inflated it's incredible spending

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Dias sold for 68 million
    Alisson sold for 65 million
    Van dijk sold for 75 million

Looking at the value of Man City's bench, yes Guardiola has done well there yes. However, when you see the likes of the players he has at his disposal there is VERY little to compare ours and their squads. Doubt there has ever been a squad assembled that has higher value than City's. That's all.

I'd be quite happy having Dias at the back with Virgil De Bruyne in midfield and Foden up top. Never gonna happen I know but nothing wrong with dreaming.