Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: CL Predictions - Semifinals

When 400 thousand a week goalie missed the last penalty. It was well worth the money
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

And old whiskey face is involved in presenting the trophy
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah fucking serves them right the shit filthy cunts improved torpedoed by the Yellow Submarine

So, come on Chelsea it is then

I have to admit I am not as confident in Chelsea as I was because of the injuries to Mendy and Kante, both are pretty vital in my book and Chelsea's second keeper is a disaster waiting to happen

However, Tuchel seems to know how to play City and disrupt their rhythm and how they like to play

I expect he'll line up with Mount in the No10 position and Werner and Pulisic or Ziyech as their forwards, which is a very good start to stopping City and then effectively countering on them

If you look at how City play and some of their players stats it reveals the best way to disrupt them, an awful lot of their possession involves playing triangles between Rodri, Dias and Stones, while they do this all their midfielders, full backs and forwards ahead of them are continually making short runs to be found by Dias or Rodri in the opposition half in positions to be quickly supported and have options

If you set up as Tuchel has in their 2 meeting since he was appointed Chelsea manager, with your No10 on Rodri and pressing Rodri and your two forwards in inside left and right positions to block the lines for City to use to their full backs or midfielders, you've made the best possible start, it totally disrupts how City operate and play and how and where you employ your No10 and 2 forwards, makes the job of front foot pressing Jurgen and Tuchel and the majority of top coaches insist on their players doing already a lot easier for the other 7 outfield players and creates a platform for them to win the ball from City's midfield or intercept balls played to them and then release either of their 2 forwards

So, yes, come on Chelsea, get it right Tuchel

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I know that "on paper" their players (and Tuchel) should in theory be as bang up for it as a player can be, but my belief that they might win it has waned a tad since they qualified for next season's Champion's League.

Would be jolly nice not to see City win (as it will leave another grubby mark on that beautiful trophy) but if they "have" to one day win it, it might be better it happens now (when the larger footballing World hardly cares about this oddity of a season) than another time.

Ideal situation would be them never winning, needless to say.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Yep - Chelsea were heading out of the top 4 on the last day... I turned to my son and laughed - stupidly thinking it would stay that way, rubbed my hands together and said, they will now have to beat city in that final or they will play the Europa next season.

We all know what happened next. I take full responsibility for ballsing that one up.

Still - they have beaten City twice in recent weeks so perhaps they have a hold over them?

No - what am I thinking... it just means shitty have their name on it... 3rd time lucky and all that.

Mendy and Kanté will both be fit for tomorrow

I want City to win, that way Guardiola might clear off, knowing he's finally got the one thing he was brought here for. He has won the lot then.

Thought the taking off of the losers medals by most man u players, straight after being hung on them, looked pretty disgraceful and petulant.
    Not sure I have seen anything like that before.