Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 308

Thread: CL Predictions - Semifinals

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It is, VAR robbed us of 12 points this season with which we'd comfortably be top four and not too far off City and that affected our confidence and form to see us drop 18 or more points in other games we should have comfortably won, it's been our finishing or rather our lack of it that has cost us more than anything else this season, we've missed so many chances, so many glorious early chances in games too and also wasted so many glorious opportunities to put one on a plate
    Problem is anyway anyone wants to spin it because of this or that we are were we are and no amount of excuses is going to change that.
    We need to cast this aside and deal with the real task ahead and that's to replace some fan favourites which will hurt some fans but IF we don't next season will be another season where we are making these kind of excuses for the team again.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,854
    Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Problem is anyway anyone wants to spin it because of this or that we are were we are and no amount of excuses is going to change that.
    We need to cast this aside and deal with the real task ahead and that's to replace some fan favourites which will hurt some fans but IF we don't next season will be another season where we are making these kind of excuses for the team again.
    There are several reasons we have been well below our usual levels this season, yet we've still bossed most of our games and had more than enough chances to win them, not having Hendo in midfield for most games has been a massive miss, not having a commanding CB for Trent and Robbo to aim for at set pieces in so many of our games has been an absolutely massive miss, when you've got 2 full backs who can put that delivery on a six pence and a lad or 2 lads in the box who can get above all the other players it causes serious issues for every defence and we haven't had that this season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    There are several reasons we have been well below our usual levels this season, yet we've still bossed most of our games and had more than enough chances to win them, not having Hendo in midfield for most games has been a massive miss, not having a commanding CB for Trent and Robbo to aim for at set pieces in so many of our games has been an absolutely massive miss, when you've got 2 full backs who can put that delivery on a six pence and a lad or 2 lads in the box who can get above all the other players it causes serious issues for every defence and we haven't had that this season
    WE had alot of injuries at certain parts of the season but for a great deal of it only 1 main 1st 11 pick has been out.
    We are just playing on these so called injury problems.Klopp has to take some blame for game management with only maybe 2 CBs out he totally disorganizes the team bringing about dismal results.
    Real Madrid are playing without 5 1st team players yet are they struggling against Chelsea here.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,854
    Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    WE had alot of injuries at certain parts of the season but for a great deal of it only 1 main 1st 11 pick has been out.
    We are just playing on these so called injury problems.Klopp has to take some blame for game management with only maybe 2 CBs out he totally disorganizes the team bringing about dismal results.
    Real Madrid are playing without 5 1st team players yet are they struggling against Chelsea here.
    Pointing out that we were missing both Matip and Virgil as genuine targets for Trent and Robbo to aim at from corners isn't playing on anything, I makes a massive difference, not only in goals scored directly by both, but in how it makes the opposition have to defend them and put more bodies around those players which also gives us great opportunities to score from the recycled ball from clearances

    We didn't struggle v Chelsea either, we didn't give them as many good chances as real have already in this game and we had better chances than Real have had too

    Which 5 players are Real missing? Ramos, yes, Hazard and Assensio are both on the bench, their first choice midfield 3 are playing and both their first choice full backs, they're only missing Ramos from what would be their first choice line up as they have lined up, Hazard wasn't always starting prior to injury as he struggled to find his best form since he moved there
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 27th April 2021 at 09:14 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,854
    Can't believe Zidane left Assensio out and he's looking to make a change without bringing him on, I finally saw why Jurgen is a big admirer of his in the 2 legs v us
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Pointing out that we were missing both Matip and Virgil as genuine targets for Trent and Robbo to aim at from corners isn't playing on anything, I makes a massive difference, not only in goals scored directly by both, but in how it makes the opposition have to defend them and put more bodies around those players which also gives us great opportunities to score from the recycled ball from clearances

    We didn't struggle v Chelsea either, we didn't give them as many good chances as real have already in this game and we had better chances than Real have had too

    Which 5 players are Real missing? Ramos, yes, Hazard and Assensio are both on the bench, their first choice midfield 3 are playing and both their first choice full backs, they're only missing Ramos from what would be their first choice line up as they have lined up, Hazard wasn't always starting prior to injury as he struggled to find his best form since he moved there
    I believe Virgil played in that early season drubbing by A.Villa didn't exactly play like a world beater in that game Matip can't be considered 1st team with his made of glass injury status.
    Saying RM are 5 players out was in the sports news leading up to the game and possibly the other 2 players you can't think of is like us saying Matip is missing when most times he dosen't play anyway.
    But again to cut to the chase this LFC team has run it's course and needs major reconstruction.
    We also don't have much of a bench but who in top football is going to come to LFC to sit on that bench knowing Klopp will possibly use them for 5-10 mins at the end of a game and that's IF they're lucky.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,854
    Come on Zidane, go to a back four and bring Assensio on you berk
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,854
    Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    I believe Virgil played in that early season drubbing by A.Villa didn't exactly play like a world beater in that game Matip can't be considered 1st team with his made of glass injury status.
    Saying RM are 5 players out was in the sports news leading up to the game and possibly the other 2 players you can't think of is like us saying Matip is missing when most times he dosen't play anyway.
    But again to cut to the chase this LFC team has run it's course and needs major reconstruction.
    We also don't have much of a bench but who in top football is going to come to LFC to sit on that bench knowing Klopp will possibly use them for 5-10 mins at the end of a game and that's IF they're lucky.
    Knee jerk my friend, complete knee jerk, we were top at Christmas, for the third season running
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,840
    People go on and on about the fact that Van Dijk played in the villa game. But the reason we got done was because of Adrian in for Alison, who couldn't get to grips with our high line and space in behind our back four, which Alison can deal with in his sleep.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,854
    Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    People go on and on about the fact that Van Dijk played in the villa game. But the reason we got done was because of Adrian in for Alison, who couldn't get to grips with our high line and space in behind our back four, which Alison can deal with in his sleep.
    It was mainly because of Jurgen fielding the midfield that has never worked and Fabinho doing his bull in a China shop act, the press was just all over the place, actually scratch that, the press was none existent, I lost count of the number of times Fab completely lost Barkley, if our press and counter press isn't there and we play our high line with no pressure on the ball, we're always going to have issues, lots of issues
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Similar Threads

  1. CL 2nd leg predictions
    By CCTV in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 4th May 2021, 10:12 PM
  2. CL Season 3 - QF 1st leg predictions
    By CCTV in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 4th May 2021, 09:57 PM
  3. PL predictions: Sheff Utd to win at last?
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19th December 2020, 11:10 PM
  4. PL predictions: More woe for Ole?
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th December 2020, 12:30 PM
  5. C.L. Semifinals
    By CCTV in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 22nd August 2020, 01:39 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •