Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 308

Thread: CL Predictions - Semifinals

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,632
    Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    City's 2nd half display shows why they are sitting on top of the Prem
    520m first eleven with over £300m on the bench.

    They are going to win it at some point and I suspect PSG will too eventually.

    The league next year is going to be a walkover again as they will spend big as Covid not touch them.

    Only a matter of time before the EPL is called a farmers league 🤣🤣

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,854
    Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    And oftimes this season without a recognised striker
    Through choice and they've played better without Aguerro and Jesus

    They are better without the ball this season, mostly when Foden plays, he seems to be the catalyst for them pressing well, they are more direct, look to drive the ball forward more from midfield at times instead of it always having to be passed forward and started taking more long shots on and have stopped with their every goal having to be scored with their tappy crappy stuff
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    11,664
    Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I hope it really irritates City fans that nobody really cares what they win due to how they've done it. They are so insignificant.
    I wish we were that insignificant, just won the league Cup, about to win their third title in 4 seasons and now in the CL final virtually.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    6,413
    Money can’t buy you everything…wait…

    How many of us would honestly like to be in their position, spending capability?

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,854
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    520m first eleven with over £300m on the bench.

    They are going to win it at some point and I suspect PSG will too eventually.

    The league next year is going to be a walkover again as they will spend big as Covid not touch them.

    Only a matter of time before the EPL is called a farmers league ����
    Yep City and the Premier League's lack of introducing a robust FFP system is making not just the league a one team league, the size, depth and quality of their squad is allowing them to dominate every competition and taking the magic away from the Carabao and FA Cup

    There lies the reason why the other top 6 clubs getting their fair share of the TV money would make it an uncompetitive 4 team league argument is bollocks, because at present it's a one team league and a one team Carabao and FA Cup, if it weren't for Jurgen working miracles with limited funds and an incredibly limited squad, City would be winning their fourth title in a row this season

    Still the Premier League FA Sky and BT say and do nothing about it, it is absolutely ruining every competition in the UK, the other top clubs need the money they bring in to make the league and cup competitions competitive again
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  6. #86
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    10,099
    Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I wish we were that insignificant, just won the league Cup, about to win their third title in 4 seasons and now in the CL final virtually.
    .....and nobody gives a f#$k about them. They're an absolute nothing club.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    10,099
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Money can’t buy you everything…wait…

    How many of us would honestly like to be in their position, spending capability?
    I cant lie. I do but purely because we've earned our reputation before it. It would be different.
    It's a sad thing to want but at the end if the day the only club stopping them long term is another club with that spending power.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,632
    Well the money being poured into sport and other events is drying up and Covid will make sure of that.

    City/PSG can just raid the bank of two countries and do what they want.

    EPL is slowly sleepwalking into a one team league like Germany/France its happening right in front of our eyes but nothing will happen as money talks.

    Pundits will eventually moan about it when they've had enough but not for the time being.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    11,664
    Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    .....and nobody gives a f#$k about them. They're an absolute nothing club.
    They won't mind that they are winning the trophies. Did we care what others thought about us in the last two seasons?

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,854
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Well the money being poured into sport and other events is drying up and Covid will make sure of that.

    City/PSG can just raid the bank of two countries and do what they want.

    EPL is slowly sleepwalking into a one team league like Germany/France its happening right in front of our eyes but nothing will happen as money talks.

    Pundits will eventually moan about it when they've had enough but not for the time being.
    Yep City's spending and their massive squad of 2 or 3 top class players for every position is turning our League and Cup competitions into an absolute farce

    Let's remember but for suitcases full of money to corrupt UEFA and some very creative accounting City should have been banned from this and next seasons Champions League
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Similar Threads

  1. CL 2nd leg predictions
    By CCTV in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 4th May 2021, 10:12 PM
  2. CL Season 3 - QF 1st leg predictions
    By CCTV in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 4th May 2021, 09:57 PM
  3. PL predictions: Sheff Utd to win at last?
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19th December 2020, 11:10 PM
  4. PL predictions: More woe for Ole?
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th December 2020, 12:30 PM
  5. C.L. Semifinals
    By CCTV in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 22nd August 2020, 01:39 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •