Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: This weekends other games

Cannot believe how open Burnley are playing in tonight's game, needless to say, they're not very good at actually trying to play football
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

FT Burnley 1-2 West Ham

West Ham thoroughly deserved their win, although they were greatly aided by a Burnley side that usually parks the bus actually trying to play football and being really open, teams do play open against West Ham, which I'd say definitely gives them a big advantage in their remaining four games

My guess is Burnley know they are safe so the handbrake is off.

Being honest if West Ham finish above us I won’t lose any sleep yesterday was the final straw for me these 3 weeks can’t come quick enough I don’t care if we finish 5th or 10th I just want it over it’s been crap from start to finish.

Can understand the frustration LEGS, it's been an awfully tough season to watch.

Should we finish semi-strongly, I really hope we make the Europa.

Going deep gets you roughly £30m from UEFA, plus bonus payments from sponsors, plus the £2m or so per Home game, which stacks up if you reach the semi-final - assuming fans are allowed in more.

So if we went all the way we are probably looking at the larger part of £50m. That's the acquisition of a pretty good player, or writing off a big whack of the £120m (estimate) or so debt that could show up in the next load of accounts in a year's time.

Chelsea got 46m (Euros) from TV rights and prize money for winning it 2 years ago, Arsenal 39m (again, Euros) as runners-up, before you look at gate receipts etc.

In the current climate, it's certainly not to be sniffed at and going far could reinvigorate some of the lads in our squad. It's a good advertisment to other sides as well - if you're a player for another side who wants Champion's League football, you are often watching Europa League teams as they are maybe doing well in their respective League - United didn't escape their Champion's League group this season and thus played knockout footie in the Europa, but anyone thinking of going there knows they play in the Champion's League next season.

I'd like to think in 21/22 we can manage 4th (minimum) whilst juggling a deep run in the Europa - really stabilise ourselves again, rather than slipping further. VAR and a terribly unlucky run with injuries robbed us this season and it says a lot that despite these setbacks, we are mathematically still there - despite what the Table says, we aren't the 6th/7th best side in this League.

Thing is Sid you can blame is for plenty of things not signing CBs, drawing/losing games we should win, missing chances, playing CMs at CB.

Now in a gruelling season with a tight schedule we have had two weeks off now and then we have to fit 5 games in 15 days....just sums the season up.

You see cos of ESL stuff we cant say anything as public support isnt with us fair enough but its not right imo what we are being asked to do.

Klopp doesnt want to rotate and wouldnt really have to have done but he does now.

Obviously higher you finish the better but who benefits from this.

United now get a full weeks rest for SF 2nd leg yes they would win anyway but they wouldnt take any chances...they know they are nailed on top 3 so against mid table teams they can rotate knowing the result dont matter too much.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Thing is Sid you can blame is for plenty of things not signing CBs, drawing/losing games we should win, missing chances, playing CMs at CB.

Now in a gruelling season with a tight schedule we have had two weeks off now and then we have to fit 5 games in 15 days....just sums the season up.

You see cos of ESL stuff we cant say anything as public support isnt with us fair enough but its not right imo what we are being asked to do.

Klopp doesnt want to rotate and wouldnt really have to have done but he does now.

Obviously higher you finish the better but who benefits from this.

United now get a full weeks rest for SF 2nd leg yes they would win anyway but they wouldnt take any chances...they know they are nailed on top 3 so against mid table teams they can rotate knowing the result dont matter too much.
    Ye lads are reading way too much into this. I’d say they’ll stop more games unless they get a response.

Not sure the EPL will put up with it again Eggy.

Protesting is fine breaking onto private land isnt fine to do so.

Glazers could say they will sell they still need a buyer though and if you are a businessman with £3-4 billion looking at that would you invest ?!

I dont know the answers so if they carry on doing it nothing we can do about it.

I'm coming close to jacking it all in seen us win a CL and EPL what we have now well what is it

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Not sure the EPL will put up with it again Eggy.

Protesting is fine breaking onto private land isnt fine to do so.

Glazers could say they will sell they still need a buyer though and if you are a businessman with £3-4 billion looking at that would you invest ?!

I dont know the answers so if they carry on doing it nothing we can do about it.

I'm coming close to jacking it all in seen us win a CL and EPL what we have now well what is it
    You won't jack it in LEGS, none of us will. We have an emotional attachment to the club. We are all disillusioned because of various things but its mainly because we have taken a hit in what we have been like in recent years plus the situation around City which just isn't being acknowledged.
    If it turns round again next season we will all feel differently, of its still like this then we will feel down again but we don't walk away or stop supporting. It's not in our nature.

I'm really disillusioned at the lack of a credible working FFP, they can prattle on about 'the football pyramid' and 'level playing field' all day long, but none of it means anything or is worth anything or works if you have clubs with multi billionaire owners who aren't interested in breaking even and are free to spend whatever they like, may as well give the other top clubs in the Prem their fair share of the TV rights so they can build better squads and compete with City so we at least have a 4 or 5 team league and other top clubs competing for the domestic cups