Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: CL and EL places

You seem to be asking for others to provide an answer you already have in mind.

If so please enlighten us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Lingard has made a huge difference to them, teams having a go at them thinking they can maybe grab 3 points as they did the last 2 seasons when Moyes has organised them a lot better is also a factor
    It's Jessie Lingard. It's not the second coming of fucking Maradona.

Have a word.

This season is a complete anomaly in so many ways.

Some might say the seasons that we took 97 and 99 were anomalies.

Certainly huge swings from 2017/18 to both 2018/19 and 2019/21 and back again for 2020/21

If people want to have an honest conversation that is

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You seem to be asking for others to provide an answer you already have in mind.

If so please enlighten us.
    Dear Steveo,
    I am not
    I cannot find a reason to explain why West Ham are now above us, and the explanations offered do not suffice.
    I do not believe that point swing to West ham is due to under investment.
    I do not believe it is due to player burn out.
    Footballers surely want to play?
    I am surmising now but ....
    perhaps it is enough for a player to be on the payroll now? Nice aftercare etc.
    Has Jürgen himself got burn out?
    Those are my honest thoughts right now.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Were they not relegation fodder for the past 2 seasons with the same manager who has now steered them into a potential CL place at our expense?
    And with no major expense?
    And with their own injuries to key players
    Steveo answered the question, they were relegation fodder on form the last 2 seasons, but with their squad of players, they absolutely should have been pushing for a top six place, Moyes only became their manager in December 2019, as well all know very well, it takes a good while for how a manager wants to play and his team to be organised to come to fruition.

We are also 12 points down on the tally we should have through VAR stitch ups and that and Jurgen tinkering with things that should have been left well alone has absolutely caused a quite drastic loss of form and confidence which caused us to drop a lot more points we may otherwise not have, even if you were being conservative about the great VAR robbery of 20-21 it would be 9 points absolute minimum which would have us on 65 points right now 7 points clear of West Ham with a game in hand with only 5 games left to play and only a maximum of 12 points available to West Ham
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Some might say the seasons that we took 97 and 99 were anomalies.

Certainly huge swings from 2017/18 to both 2018/19 and 2019/21 and back again for 2020/21

If people want to have an honest conversation that is
    They weren't anomalies, they were the result of evolution, development and enhancement of the mechanics and automation of the team through using the same 14-16 players and same system for the majority of it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Steveo answered the question, they were relegation fodder on form the last 2 seasons, but with their squad of players, they absolutely should have been pushing for a top six place, Moyes only became their manager in December 2019, as well all know very well, it takes a good while for how a manager wants to play and his team to be organised to come to fruition.

We are also 12 points down on the tally we should have through VAR stitch ups and that and Jurgen tinkering with things that should have been left well alone has absolutely caused a quite drastic loss of form and confidence which caused us to drop a lot more points we may otherwise not have, even if you were being conservative about the great VAR robbery of 20-21 it would be 9 points absolute minimum which would have us on 65 points right now 7 points clear of West Ham with a game in hand with only 5 games left to play and only a maximum of 12 points available to West Ham
    Dear 19x
    That is a ridiculous answer which includes a lot of chaff. Everyone has suffered from VAR over the seasons, and Steveo has not answered it either.
    Are you saying that Moyes is a better manager than you may have previously given him credit for. And are you saying that West Ham have/always had a better squad than us ? Perhaps due to more astute but less expensive signings? but never realised their potential until now?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Dear Steveo,
    I am not
    I cannot find a reason to explain why West Ham are now above us, and the explanations offered do not suffice.
    I do not believe that point swing to West ham is due to under investment.
    I do not believe it is due to player burn out.
    Footballers surely want to play?
    I am surmising now but ....
    perhaps it is enough for a player to be on the payroll now? Nice aftercare etc.
    Has Jürgen himself got burn out?
    Those are my honest thoughts right now.
    Fair enough. Nobody could answer with any certainty I suppose.

But we went from 75 points in 2017/18....2 points behind Spurs to 97 in 2018/19... so there is a huge swing just with us never mind factoring another team.

Last season we took 99 points - if we make it to 66 points this season I will be surprised. That would be more than half of the 60 points mentioned between us and West Ham.

You are free to believe what you want but so far you are offering nothing in terms of your thoughts at all - just questions which you don’t seem to genuinely want an answer to,

Strange
    Last edited by Steveo; 7th May 2021 at 12:04 AM.

Fair enough. Nobody could answer with any certainty I suppose.

But we went from 75 points in 2017/18....2 points behind Spurs to 97 in 2018/19... so there is a huge swing just with us never mind factoring another team.

Last season we took 99 points - if we make it to 66 points this season I will be surprised. That would be more than half of the 60 points mentioned between us and West Ham.

You are free to believe what you want but so far you are offering nothing in terms of your thoughts at all - just questions which you then don’t seem to genuinely want an answer to,

Strange
    Dear Steveo,
    I want a genuine answer.
    As I said in my original post , I have no explanation for that point swing.
    Your post above is clutching at straws!
    I value your thoughts and those of 19x more than most on this forum.
    I have indeed offered some of my thoughts.
    I repeat that this point swing cannot be put down to burnout or lack of investment.
    West Ham's plight and rise beats this out.
    I will add another thought ..
    I have previously alluded to players perhaps too content to pick up their wages and Jurgen perhaps himself suffering burnout.
    I will add perhaps player discontent.
    They are subjects surely worthy of discussion.
    There has been a malaise affecting our team for quite a time now with no obvious sign of a cure. In less than a year many players once often brilliant now appear quite often average.
    We cannot depend on Hendo or Virgil to sort it out even if they return fully fit, and they may be prone to further lengthy lay-offs also.

Scientificred. Your last part is the thing that concerns me most.
    The returning VvD and Hendo will no doubt make a huge difference but not enough to recover this complete slump. There seems a bit of a blasé attitude from some regarding this. Plus we are banking on a few players getting form back. The liklihood of everything falling back into place is not likely.

There needs to be a fresh approach in terms of the attack I think. The team has gone stale in some aspects, especially the attack and we can't go into next season thinking that the same approach will work again. We need squad bolstering and quite a bit of it. 3 very good additions minimum.

There has been a culmination of so many things that have resulted in this truly forgettable season for us. Players form, injuries, lack of change and ideas and possibly a lack of hunger.
    It's got all of us scratching our heads, different theories from lack of investment to burnout etc. The reality is its probably a bit of everything and its just damn bad luck that they have all collided this season.

We were always going to have a dip, it was inevitable but anyone predicting this slump would have been laughed at.