Page 1 of 18 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: CL and EL places

CL and EL places

It seems a bit complicated now.
    I am reading that there there can be a maximum of 5 CL places from premier League and maybe 2 places for EL but that depends on many things.
    Can someone help clarify...
    Man City have won league cup.
    What if Man City win CL or Chelsea?
    What if Leicester or Chelsea win FA cup?
    What if Man Utd or Arsenal win EL ?

Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I am reading that there there can be a maximum of 5 CL places from premier League and maybe 2 places for EL but that depends on many things.
    I'm fairly sure that that there will still only be 4 CL places.

I dont think any of the winners of the European competions have any effect on the league places.

Having two clubs playing in the FA Cup final, already qualified for Europe through the league usually adds an extra place in the league. And with City winning the League Cup it does the same thing.

So I think it's like this

1 - CL
    2 - CL
    3 - CL
    4 - CL
    5 - EL
    6 - EL
    7 - EL
    8 - EC (whatever the fuck the Euro Confernce is!)
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    The Premier League only get a 5th place in the Champions League if an English team who finishes outside the top four wins it

I'm not sure about the Europa League, this season we had Arsenal, Tottenham and Leicester in it from the start, so I believe it's 3 places, 5th place and either the FA Cup and Carabao Cup winners get into the the Europa or 6th and 7th in the Prem if teams finishing in the top four win both competitions
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Well, that's that settled, Chelsea to lose v City at the weekend and have another slip up, West Ham to crumble right at the death under the pressure and our lads to somehow miraculously win our last 5 and sneak into top four and Chelsea, just like us in Istanbul the last time the final was there, needing to win it to be in it, bum City

You should get odds on that!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The Premier League only get a 5th place in the Champions League if an English team who finishes outside the top four wins it

I'm not sure about the Europa League, this season we had Arsenal, Tottenham and Leicester in it from the start, so I believe it's 3 places, 5th place and either the FA Cup and Carabao Cup winners get into the the Europa or 6th and 7th in the Prem if teams finishing in the top four win both competitions
    You get in the CL by winning the EL so Arsenal could finish 11th but win the EL and they are defo in.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    You get in the CL by winning the EL so Arsenal could finish 11th but win the EL and they are defo in.
    Villareal going to win that one, it's Emery's competition

The nightmare scenario for me would be for Arsenal to be in the Champs League and not us. After the season they've had.
    Leicester and the Hammers would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Villareal going to win that one, it's Emery's competition
    I'd be mightily impressed if Villareal managed to beat Man United.

Would be jolly good fun to boot.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay