Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: CL and EL places

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Brenny still a bottler 19?
    Still a bullshitter, but every credit for him tweaking his set up for today's game, he got his tactics absolutely spot on, going to be interesting to see if he can repeat that v Chelsea on Tuesday, Tuchel has a lot of players at his disposal to make changes for his side to be better prepared and overcome today's tactics on Tuesday night

Interesting that despite all the grief our lads have been given this season and injuries apparently being no excuse in the view of all the pundits that Chelsea have an issue with just Christensen out, the filthy were all over the place with just Maguire out, Leicester have been suspect when playing their normal game with just Evans out and City can't defend for shit with 55m worth of CBs in Ake and Garcia in defence, and the pundits and media have made all sorts of excuses for all those sides when missing just one of their main CBs
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The thing with City is they will continually try and attack CHelsea, Chelsea will set up to press them in the right areas, win it and look to quickly release their forwards

The other thing with City, is they spend an awful lot of their time in possession playing the ball in little triangles between Dias, Rodrigo and whoever the other CB is, while their forwards, full backs and other midfielders continually make short runs looking to be found in space

Dias 2,566 and Rodrigo 2,683 rank first and second in the Premier League completed passes table for precisely that reason, and Fenandinho has played a few games at No6 for them in place of Rodrigo

One of the things it is important to do v City is to stop them playing those little triangles with their other players continually making short runs to be found, it's a big part of how they set up a lot of their attacks in possession, keep playing the triangle until one of the runs means a player can be released in time and space, and then really good chain reaction movement from there, if you stop the triangle, their full backs and midfielders have to come deeper to be found and that completely disrupts how they're set up to play, it seems Tuchel understands this

Didn't know until today that Tuchel took over from Klopp at Mainz.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Didn't know until today that Tuchel took over from Klopp at Mainz.
    He also did a bit of male modeling when he finished playing football .

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Haha - he is indeed Ian.
    There's worse in football than the B rod. A least he got us playing great football again and give us supporters a bit of belief again.
    It took Jurgen to get us to the next level .

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    He also did a bit of male modeling when he finished playing football .
    Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Haha.
    It's actually true and worked as a barman around that time.

I thought West Ham might be well of it tonight when I saw Moyes' press conference ahead of the game, he looked absolutely devastated and completely deflated by ours and Leicester's wins over the filthy and that all the hope he had of finishing top four had completely left him

West Ham getting that draw was really good for us.

If Tottenham and Everton win at home tomorrow, they'll both be on 59 points with West Ham, with all 3 competing for the 2 Europa League spots.

Tottenham going into the last game against Leicester with something to play for might just play into our hands.

All we can do is focus on ourselves of course, but how useful a freebie would be!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    There's worse in football than the B rod. A least he got us playing great football again and give us supporters a bit of belief again.
    It took Jurgen to get us to the next level .
    Exactly....ok the geezer is well insecure... but i just find it so petty that people wont give him credit for one of the best seasons in a generation......