Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: CL and EL places

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    That cup final was a team of duds and crocks. It was a piece of magic that we pulled it off. Great changes by Rafa at half- time and great team spirit and Jerzy saves saw us through in the end.
    Had we only been 1 down at half time, he may have stuck with the same team instead of bringing Hamman on, going 3 down called for desperate measures and him coming on helped swing it our way possibly his best game for us.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Had we only been 1 down at half time, he may have stuck with the same team instead of bringing Hamman on, going 3 down called for desperate measures and him coming on helped swing it our way possibly his best game for us.
    I remember thinking at half-time 'bring Didi on - we can do this' . I think he was one of the crocks who had had a lengthy injury that season.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I remember thinking at half-time 'bring Didi on - we can do this' . I think he was one of the crocks who had had a lengthy injury that season.
    Cant remember tbh about him being injured.

Beat Burnley and we are in the top four with a game to go. Hard to believe really.

I saw it at the time, fair play to Brenny and Leicester, but the FA and Premier League need to bring in that thicker line for offsides next season, because the footage they review doesn't have the required FPS needed to be able to make an accurate decision using a one pixel line, for Chilwell's offside the line was drawn when the ball was already half a foot to a foot away from Thiago Silva's foot

We had one where because of the frame rate Son was offside in real time, but VAR gave him onside on review using a frame where the ball still hadn't left Lo Celso's foot, likely because the next frame would have had the ball half a foot to a foot from Lo Celso's foot

If a medium quick to very quick Premier League player is making a run at full sprint, they're sprinting at about 10 seconds per 100m time, they're covering 10m a second maybe a bit less, but easier for the maths, but when you consider this, you can't use a one pixel line if you don't have the frame rate to pinpoint the exact split second the ball left a players foot, as in just a fraction of a second they're going to have travelled a distance that will make the decision wrong and floored
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Absolutely - they are winging it. The line is drawn from a total guesstimate frame. Measuring distances in tens of mm but missing timings of up to a tenth of a second.

Half of the freeze frames I have seen not only have suspect lines - which have little relationship to any actual 3d space but are also clearly before or after the ball is played rendering any measurement totally useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I saw it at the time, fair play to Brenny and Leicester, but the FA and Premier League need to bring in that thicker line for offsides next season, because the footage they review doesn't have the required FPS needed to be able to make an accurate decision using a one pixel line, for Chilwell's offside the line was drawn when the ball was already half a foot to a foot away from Thiago Silva's foot

We had one where because of the frame rate Son was offside in real time, but VAR gave him onside on review using a frame where the ball still hadn't left Lo Celso's foot, likely because the next frame would have had the ball half a foot to a foot from Lo Celso's foot

If a medium quick to very quick Premier League player is making a run at full sprint, they're sprinting at about 10 seconds per 100m time, they're covering 10m a second maybe a bit less, but easier for the maths, but when you consider this, you can't use a one pixel line if you don't have the frame rate to pinpoint the exact split second the ball left a players foot, as in just a fraction of a second they're going to have travelled a distance that will make the decision wrong and floored
    Completely agree, as per my previous posts, the line needs to be thicker to allow for computed inaccuracies

Brenny looks more confident than Tuchel ahead of the sides meeting again tomorrow night, Tuchel looks troubled and worried

All Werner does is run around.. Hes very quick but only 1 footed. means he can be run away from goal.. I'm glad we stuck out for Jota.. All we need now is refs to actually protect him. hes had some really bad challenges so far.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    All Werner does is run around.. Hes very quick but only 1 footed. means he can be run away from goal.. I'm glad we stuck out for Jota.. All we need now is refs to actually protect him. hes had some really bad challenges so far.
    Werner does a lot more than run around mate