Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: CL and EL places

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Dear 19x,
    There is a lot of chaff there.
    And you turned the major subject from Werner to Konate
    You would make a good politician!
    Let me make more direct questions.
    Did you want us to sign Werner as a striker?
    If Werner was our signing who would he have replaced?
    How would he have contributed to our strike rate?
    And on your lengthy digression....
    How many games will Konate feature for us next season?
    I wanted us to sign him as a striker to play in all 3 positions

He would have contributed to our strike rate because he fits how we play, fits how we play perfectly

I wouldn't have replaced anyone, we always needed four top quality forwards to make sure all could get a little more rest

As I had my concerns over Konate's injury record I had stopped watching him this season, but when our interest in him seemed absolutely definite, I said what i know, if we can keep him fit, he would be an incredible signing, so if we were going to do that, the club would have to make sure he underwent strenuous tests and physical examination, which by all accounts they did, so if they're confident in that, I would expect him to play the vast majority of our games

I have a direct question for you

Because a player doesn't do what he did playing in a different league in a different set up to the one he played in before and in an entirely different set up to ours, does that means he wouldn't have been a greater success playing in our set up?
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 17th May 2021 at 08:49 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I wanted us to sign him as a striker to play in all 3 positions

He would have contributed to our strike rate because he fits how we play, fits how we play perfectly

I wouldn't have replaced anyone, we always needed four top quality forwards to make sure all could get a little more rest

As I had my concerns over Konate's injury record I had stopped watching him this season, but when our interest in him seemed absolutely definite, I said what i know, if we can keep him fit, he would be an incredible signing, so if we were going to do that, the club would have to make sure he underwent strenuous tests and physical examination, which by all accounts they did, so if they're confident in that, I would expect him to play the vast majority of our games

I have a direct question for you

Because a player doesn't do what he did playing in a different league in a different set up to the one he played in before and in an entirely different set up to ours, does that means he wouldn't have been a greater success playing in our set up?
    And my direct answer is NO
    But I think in that convoluted question you are talking about unearthing a gem

How does Werner fit how we play? he wont get the space to run into if he played for us..
    I like Jota because hes good on the floor with both feet and is excellent at finding little spaces in between the opposition. I just hope he gets protection from the officials
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    How does Werner fit how we play? he wont get the space to run into if he played for us..
    I like Jota because hes good on the floor with both feet and is excellent at finding little spaces in between the opposition. I just hope he gets protection from the officials
    You know nothing about Timo Werner, I know lots about him, you can learn a lot about players if you really watch the game intently and watch them for 2 years and watch what they contribute and don't think any player who doesn't assist or score in a game is just 'running about a lot'

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You know nothing about Timo Werner, I know lots about him, you can learn a lot about players if you really watch the game intently and watch them for 2 years and watch what they contribute and don't think any player who doesn't assist or score in a game is just 'running about a lot'
    Yeah I know nothing and you know everything.. I've watched enough of Werner to know he cant stay wide on the left.all he does is spin off and run inside..The defenders see this and push him further wide away from the goal. He'll score goals. but hes not one of the top attackers in my opinion. Teams can do better than him.

Yeah I know nothing and you know everything.. I've watched enough of Werner to know he cant stay wide on the left.all he does is spin off and run inside..The defenders see this and push him further wide away from the goal. He'll score goals. but hes not one of the top attackers in my opinion. Teams can do better than him.
    Dear 19x
    To quote you from this evening regarding Werner
    "I watched him in several games over 2 years"
    Is that the truth?
    Love your posts by the way!

But you're watching him in the Chelsea set up, 3 at the back with wing backs pushed quite high really doesn't suit him, there are always players in the space he likes to use

Dear 19x
    Is that the truth?
    Yes, absolutely true

Dear 19x
    Is that the truth?
    thanks

3 at the back 4 at the back etc are nonsense in the sense..we use or fullbacks as wingbacks and a midfielder drops back to help the defenders. so in a way thats a 3 at the back on some occasions. Has players don't stand still.
    Basically its still a 4/3/3 with players moving around. The only difference i find with a 3 at the back is if teams set out to play 3 natural defenders.. a 4/4/2 is still 4/3/3 just your midfielder is allowed to get further forward.
    To me i don't know what position Werner would be suit as hes not an inside left .. thats my opinion anyway.