Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: CL and EL places

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    It seems a bit complicated now.
    - Should a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League they will automatically qualify for the group stage of next season's competition regardless of their league finishing position.

- Should a Premier League club win the UEFA Europa League they will automatically qualify for the group stage of next season's UEFA Champions League regardless of their league finishing position.

- If a club win the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League and finish in the top four, their qualification for the UCL through their league position is not transferred to another team.

- A maximum of five Premier League teams are eligible for UEFA Champions League qualification.

- In the event that a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League and another win the UEFA Europa League and neither of these clubs finish in the top four of the Premier League, the club lying fourth in the table will drop into the UEFA Europa League group stage.

- If a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League and another win the UEFA Europa League and neither have qualified for UEFA competitions through their league positions or by winning the FA Cup or EFL Cup, they will qualify for the UEFA Champions League and the club finishing fourth in the table will drop into the UEFA Europa League group stage.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Wow imagine if West Ham finish 4th and the above scenario comes to pass.

The look on Karen Brady’s face would almost be worth this crazy season. What Karma that would be after her attempts to void last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

The look on Karen Brady’s face would almost be worth this crazy season. What Karma that would be after her attempts to void last season.
    She's a proper disingenuous cunt that woman, if she were at a club in our position, along with all the other pricks in boardrooms throughout the entire Premier League, they would be whining like fuck that their club doesn't get their fair share of the TV money and the revenue they help generate should not pay for other clubs to try and overtake them

There wasn't even really big TV money until about 15 years ago and yet, all of those clubs managed to live within their means and manage themselves and their finances perfectly well for over 100 years in most cases
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The vast majority of the tv money has gone straight into the pockets of the over paid prima donnas on the pitch and their slimy Agent sidekicks

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

But remember my post Steveo
    West Ham were 60 points behind us last season and I think about 54 the season before.
    Last season, and after the lockdown break, they were having to bust a gut to avoid relegation but for us the title was pretty much won.
    Why such a massive swing?
    There was no massive investment in West Ham.
    They had no new super manager.
    They had their own injury problems.
    You cannot surely put that swing in fortunes down to burnout or lack of investment.
    I cannot explain what has happened this season but you/me/us need to come up with something better

But remember my post Steveo
    West Ham were 60 points behind us last season and I think about 54 the season before.
    Last season, and after the lockdown break, they were having to bust a gut to avoid relegation but for us the title was pretty much won.
    Why such a massive swing?
    There was no massive investment in West Ham.
    They had no new super manager.
    They had their own injury problems.
    You cannot surely put that swing in fortunes down to burnout or lack of investment.
    I cannot explain what has happened this season but you/me/us need to come up with something better
    Lingard has made a huge difference to them, teams having a go at them thinking they can maybe grab 3 points as they did the last 2 seasons when Moyes has organised them a lot better is also a factor

We have been brilliant the last 2 seasons but we overachieved IMO and it’s take a toll and West Ham with a decent squad have massively underachieved. This season our relatively small squad has been exposed while for 2 seasons previous we were very fortunate - settled side and almost no key injuries.

Lack of investment is absolutely at the heart of our issues this season. It is why so many are burnt out and why there is nothing to come in and replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Lingard has made a huge difference to them, teams having a go at them thinking they can maybe grab 3 points as they did the last 2 seasons when Moyes has organised them a lot better is also a factor
    Dear 19x
    Do you really think just those factors explain a 60 point swing?

Dear 19x
    Do you really think just those factors explain a 60 point swing?
    We know why we are nowhere near our levels of the last 2 seasons, as detailed by Steveo

We also know West Ham have a very good squad of players who underachieved massively, I disagree with Steveo that we overachieved, but our playing at our highest levels was hugely reliant on our ability to continually use the same 14 or 15 players in all of Premier League and Champions League games and a couple of players are absolutely key and we haven't had them this season or in Hendo's case, have missed them for too many games or had to play them out of position in the games they have played.

Arsenal out

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We know why we are nowhere near our levels of the last 2 seasons, as detailed by Steveo

We also know West Ham have a very good squad of players who underachieved massively, I disagree with Steveo that we overachieved, but our playing at our highest levels was hugely reliant on our ability to continually use the same 14 or 15 players in all of Premier League and Champions League games and a couple of players are absolutely key and we haven't had them this season or in Hendo's case, have missed them for too many games or had to play them out of position in the games they have played.

Arsenal out
    You are avoiding the question and using Steveo's answers to the question which are themselves questionable. How come a 60 point swing to West Ham?
    Were they not relegation fodder for the past 2 seasons with the same manager who has now steered them into a potential CL place at our expense?
    And with no major expense?
    And with their own injuries to key players
    And with considerable effort needed to keep them up last season after the lockdown whereas we were just freewheeling to the PL title.
    It takes some more honest reflections and explanations than those offered by yourself or Steveo.