Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: This weekends other games

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    He doesn't manage us anymore!?
    That wasn't a case of Brenny's bottlers, it was a case of Brenny's massive ego and desperation to try and make himself appear clever getting the better of him and fucking things up. When you have 3 opposition managers in their pre match brazenly stating they intend to set up to play off the very player Rodgers announced his plans for playing a position to a great fanfare with and they all do so with great success taking vital points from us when the title looked nailed on, well, it's a bit like bringing Fab back in at No6 when the team played better without him or playing Hendo and Fab at CB
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Leicester will be fine for top 4 they will get something at OT.

I can see Utd beating Villa resting players against Leicester and then bring em back Thursday.

Ole has been given the perfect excuse to do that now as I imagine once he has got us out the way he will keep players fresh for EL final.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That wasn't a case of Brenny's bottlers, it was a case of Brenny's massive ego and desperation to try and make himself appear clever getting the better of him and fucking things up. When you have 3 opposition managers in their pre match brazenly stating they intend to set up to play off the very player Rodgers announced his plans for playing a position to a great fanfare with and they all do so with great success taking vital points from us when the title looked nailed on, well, it's a bit like bringing Fab back in at No6 when the team played better without him or playing Hendo and Fab at CB
    What I was getting at, is that we're in no position to be calling anyone else bottlers.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    What I was getting at, is that we're in no position to be calling anyone else bottlers.
    We are though, Brenny's bottlers bottled it last season

If you're talking about title defences then Crouch is a big time bottler for not calling wobble gob out when he's prattling on about the filthy doing it and not asking him the pertinent question of whether or not he thought they'd have done it with all their CBs out and Carrick and Scholes playing at CB
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    And we are given a 23rd chance to get back in amongst it.
    Watch us balls it up for the 23rd time ...
    Even if we win the 2 games in hand we currently have (33 played to Leicester's 35) we'd still be 3 points behind them with just 3 points left.

Love this team to bits but us winning 5 in a row off the back of the draws to Newcastle and Leeds AND Leicester/Chelsea dropping the points required AND West Ham/Tottenham failing to capitalise on any mistakes is a bit too far for me - we botched it in the last 2 matches.

Will be absolutely ecstatic if we defy the odds.

Leicester's last 3 games

Man Utd v Leicester
    Chelsea v Leicester
    Leicester v Spurs

Chelsea have

Man City v Chelsea
    Chelsea v Arsenal
    Chelsea v Leicester
    Aston Villa v Chelsea

And I’m sure you mean 3 games left rather than 3 points left.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Leicester's last 3 games

Man Utd v Leicester
    Chelsea v Leicester
    Leicester v Spurs

Chelsea have

Man City v Chelsea
    Chelsea v Arsenal
    Chelsea v Leicester
    Aston Villa v Chelsea

And I’m sure you mean 3 games left rather than 3 points left.
    Don't know how to make your closing sentence bold from mobile, but yes, absolutely, my bad!

I do think (some) results will go in our favour. Just don't think we will get enough dropped points from ALL of the multiple sides in contention (Leicester, Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs) AND conjure up a 5-game win streak.

Such a shame about those Newcastle and Leeds results. Still - it's nice that Leicester fluffed a game to increase our chances the tiniest bit.

Leeds 3-1 Spurs.
    86 gone

We are about to be 2 points behind Spurs with 2 games in hand. Spurs never really have been a threat to the top 4, they’re too Spursy.

I don't feel Listester will get more than 4 more points. West Ham is a danger.

But ultimately, can we win all 5? Doubtful.

I agree on Leicester, doubt they’ll win another league game this season