Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Pundits and commentators

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Anyone else think Carra was hard to listen too last night.
    He tries too hard to toe the line and be unbiased which makes him sound a bit of a dick.
    Just be honest and if that means being biased then so be it. That's that cunt Tylers job to be unbiased.
    Once a bitter always a bitter in Carragher's case, he sounded as absolutely gutted when we scored our first and second goals as that twat Tyler and spent most of the game running our lads down even though we were dominating it and practically willing Burnley to score along with Tyler
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He tries too hard to toe the line and be unbiased which makes him sound a bit of a dick.
    Just be honest and if that means being biased then so be it. That's that cunt Tylers job to be unbiased.
    Yep he was hard going alright. Still don’t know what game he was watching or if he was on a wind up. Imagine being handsomely paid for your “expert” analysis and delivering that tripe... Totally compromised

Shocking

Carra has picked up the annoying Neville habit, where to emphasise a sentence, they end it with "it really was", "he really is", "they really are" etc. Bugs me no end as they use it constantly.

Tyler should have hung up the mic many years ago. Just full of useless meaningless stats. "They've never won on a Tuesday, with an 8pm kickoff, when it rains before half time" kind of bollocks. And don't get me started on his "And it's live" catchphrase.

My Mum can't stand him,she sometimes turns the sound down when he's commentating.
    I find Sky's commentary irritating and it's about time Tyler wrapped in. He must be buckled after working for sky for 30 years so surely doesn't need the money.
    I always loved Barry Davies despite him getting on even when he was still doing games. Mowbray on BBC is another wally I don't like listening to either, they obviously have to fill the silence with chit chat but sometimes it's repetitive nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Carra has picked up the annoying Neville habit, where to emphasise a sentence, they end it with "it really was", "he really is", "they really are" etc. Bugs me no end as they use it constantly.

Tyler should have hung up the mic many years ago. Just full of useless meaningless stats. "They've never won on a Tuesday, with an 8pm kickoff, when it rains before half time" kind of bollocks. And don't get me started on his "And it's live" catchphrase.
    Haha! Class.
    Yeah the "....and it's liiiiiive" became boring after the second time of saying. Like he's tried to be the Michael Buffer of football.
    I know it's live mate, I'm fucking watching now.

Robbie Savage was on top form during the Utd match the other night. At one point he was cheering for Wales after James scored his penalty.
    He's arguably the worst of the lot.

Robbie Savage was on top form during the Utd match the other night. At one point he was cheering for Wales after James scored his penalty.
    He's arguably the worst of the lot.
    He talks utter shite, constantly, his commentary was absolutely appalling and bore no relevance to what was happening on the pitch at all, he was constantly prattling on about the filthy getting well on top and going through the gear when they barely fashioned a chance or strung more than 3 passes together at any point, I was just sat there thinking what fucking game is this twat watching

The commentators are just as annoying when City play, watched quite a few of their games and they were always talking about 'all the chances City have created' honestly, in most games they created barely any great genuine chances, they got in lots of positions too when poor final ball or good defending stopped them creating chances, but that isn't creating chances

Fucking state of the know nothing shit cunt pundits on Sky talking about England's right back options, they literally know fuck all about football.

They pertinently don't understand that all England's 'wide forwards' as they called them aren't wide forwards they're players who play very similarly to Mo and Mane who do go wide but also spend a lot of time in inside left or right positions and use attacking full backs or wing backs in their teams to manipulate and work the spaces they operate in

They also don't understand they are all players who thrive off very early more direct balls, long diagonals, balls over the top and switches, who in the England midfield, bar Hendo do they think are going to play those balls to them, when England are under pressure and win the ball back just inside/outside their area and the forwards are in incredible positions to counter via top quality quick longer ball from very deep, do they really think any of James, Walker, Trippier are going to play that ball?

When teams are parking the bus and play is congested on the right and the forward send it back to the full back, do they really think any of James, Walker or Trippier are going to hit the full back or forward on the opposite flank with a perfect delivery to stretch and open up the oppositions?

The twat woman 'pundit' said "Kyle Walker's played more passes into the final third than any other defender, so you get the same creativity' Seriously? What the fuck is she doing even offering an opinion on the subject, no idea or consideration of how City play and that England can't play like that and that simply passing the ball into the final third isn't creating

Assists Trent 7 Walker 1
    Passes Trent 2,381Walker 1733
    Passes per match Trent 66.14 Walker 72.21
    Big Chances Created Trent 14 Walker 2
    Crosses Trent 297 Walker 38
    Cross accuracy % Trent 23% Walker 5%
    Through balls Trent 6 Walker 1
    Accurate long balls Trent 151 Walker 88

'Same creativity' fucking moron know nothing twat

Fuck them, if they fucking think that England squad with the players they have is going to win anything trying to pass teams to death and with zero playmaking ability from deep from a single one of the defenders, nevermind without Champions League and Premier League playmaking from deep from one of your defenders, which England DO NOT have a single defender other than Trent with that ability in their ranks, without even considering what he delivers further forward not only in playmaking and world class crosses and switches, but in the runs he makes to open up the space for the inside forward, they and Southgate are even more stupid than I thought

England have some exceptional players if used a certain way, they don't have the midfielders and forwards to play a top quality passing game that the know nothings seem to think they have, the England team need a defender with playmaking ability and ability to be direct early, the players England have they need to mix it up like all those players clubs sides do, some trying to pass through, but quickly and quite directly, some very direct very early top quality longer balls to find Kane or either inside forward or Mount

Bit of a rant, but the twats really piss me off with their bullshit

Edit: Also, that twat Walker's given away 3 penalties making stupid decisions and needless challenges in the Prem alone this season, through his postioning being shite because he thinks his pace can make up for it and that should have been 4 if the VAR wankers hadn't let him off for going to play the ball with his foot well over head height and almost taking the Arsenal's players face off in their game against them, that was a pen all day long
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 1st June 2021 at 03:01 AM.

His team won the title - so in media terms everything he did was superb.

This is the level you get for a TV audience. Mainstream TV is targeting the lowest common denominator. It is the same with the News. Good guy bad guy bogeyman bullshit.

Guess what - it works.

Its not confirmed he isnt in yet.

I'll be honest I hope he isnt in and its a shame Hendo injury didnt drag out another week or so.

Its good for us if he doesnt go.

If all 4 right backs were put on the market today as free agents EVERY club in the world picks Trent.