Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: Pundits and commentators

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He used to be but he is on a mission to say Trent cant defend
    How DARE Trent contribute to attacking play in the final third and not simultaneously be camped on the half-way line to protect against counter-attacks!

Neville could be in 2 places at once because there were 2 of them.

FFS Parry!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    How DARE Trent contribute to attacking play in the final third and not simultaneously be camped on the half-way line to protect against counter-attacks!

FFS Parry!
    To balance it up he does praise his attacking play.

Tyler before a ball is kicked will mention his "lapses" but I guess world class managers dont spot these lapses but a coach of Woking can 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

FFS Parry!
    Speaking of Trent, he has the most chances created, ahead of all the revered attacking midfielders, really demonstrating how our full backs have replaced the winger/attacking midfielder role in Jurgen's system

I don't know why our RCM has almost always been where we look to employ the more attacking of our midfielders, to me it would seem to make more sense for the RCM to be more of a controller who covers Trent's runs while also being a player who can play the switches and right to left diagonals and medium to long up and down balls

I still don't think we've found our best pressing and counter pressing and shape since the changes were enforced on us last season, I think that made us alter some things we'd have otherwise left alone and we've somehow not managed to organise taking the very best of 18-20 and the very best of what being forced to play as we were last season and put it all together

Quite a few of the 'stock' elements, the more 'surprise attack' direct elements of 19-20, in particular, that were absolutely devastating are missing and while they remain missing other top sides like City and Chelsea are developing them into their game
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

VAR is new to them this lot haven't worked out the high line / offside trap !

Lucy Ward is the only one ive heard explain how and why it works in depth.

The rest of em high line = lots of space to run in on goal and leaves us exposed.

Its much better to defend like Burnley with your men all camped in their own box they dont concede let alone lose games !

As Sky decided to get rid of OAPs last year like Thommo Nicholas they missed the oldest and most boring of the lot Tyler what a tw*t that man is.
    Is it Sue Smith who is always on the Monday morning show with Warnock show that includes 'Ref watch'?

That pair are the very best of them by an absolute mile, I actually think Warnock should be pushing for a 'Title race Ref watch special' as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    "Aaaaaaaaaaaaand it's live".
    Yeah we know. Fuck off.
    Aye, If you're paying for Sky 🤣🤣
    I'm about 10 seconds behind !!

Right pair they were but look how long it took them to sack them they would have been doing all that sexist stuff for years.

They both hated Rafa as well for no other reason other than he managed LFC.

Last 4 years since we have become proper challengers Tyler/Neville are just as bad to some extent I get Neville but the main man with the mic ???

If you cant do your job properly then you shouldnt be doing it, Mark Chapman is a Utd fan but you never see him carry on like this he is a pro at his job how you expect them to be.
    Neville has a high opinion of himself. There's not that much insight though really. Souness does have good insight I think. Carra brings nothing to the table for me. We want to learn something preferably. Just cos they've played for a big club doesn't necessarily make them good analysts sadly.

Those in Ireland might know who I'm talking about when I mention Ken early. He used to be on talk radio here. Had no experience of playing the game that I know of but I think he brought something interesting to it. Many of the pundits these days are just bland.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Aye, If you're paying for Sky 🤣🤣
    I'm about 10 seconds behind !!
    This may explain why I am often (but not always by any means) one of the first to comment a goal update on a match thread!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

They've got some fucking brassneck - How any single one of them can come on before each round of games talking about the run in and they never mention the 2 handball decisions that gifted City two 1-0 wins they shouldn't have had and 4 points they shouldn't have with it is frankly ridiculous

There is no excuse whatsoever for either of those decisions to have been given incorrectly, NONE, if they actually give a shit about the integrity of our game, they need to be on it, right on it and putting as much pressure on Riley and his officials to make sure we don't have any repeat or continuation of this moving forward

You can only describe those 2 decisions as blatantly corrupt, the only question is why are they corrupt, is it the continuation of our media and governing bodies 'Anyone but Liverpool' way of thinking and acting instilled by Ferguson and Murdoch 3 decades ago we've been playing with the handicap of all that time or is it City paying officials off, are there yet more offshore accounts City are paying money into to continue cheating every other club, manager, player and fan in the English game?

People at Sky are also probably receiving big fat brown envelopes.