Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Pundits and commentators

Typical of the media to tell us to stop crying and then pour out sympathy for Utd for suffering a fraction of our difficulties

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Typical of the media to tell us to stop crying and then pour out sympathy for Utd for suffering a fraction of our difficulties
    Lol it's been going on since Murdoch and Sky instilled the narrative we should all celebrate the filthy in particularand anyone else but Liverpool doing well

The media and pundits started the 'injuries is no excuse' narrative and continued it throughout the entire season while continually pointing to almost every other team 'missing A (one) player' as an excuse for any unexpected result
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    For the benefit of thick or dishonest bastards at Sky, BBC, BT, the refs association and the twats at Stockley Park

HANDLING THE BALL

For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.

Law 12 - Fouls and Misconduct

It is an offence if a player:

deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
    scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
    after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if accidental, immediately:
    scores in the opponents’ goal

creates a goal-scoring opportunity

touches the ball with their hand/arm when:

the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger

the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm

The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close.
    I noted the officials were absolutely capable of applying the laws of the game correctly when it gave them the opportunity to award the filthy a free kick on the edge of our area when the ball hit Thiago's arm, at chest level when his arm was raised above his head, they weren't capable of applying it correctly in the Kante or Greenwood incidents which would have resulted in a pen for us and a pen for Aston Villa however

I had no complaints whatsoever about the filthy getting their free kick on the edge of our area, by the laws of the game if was a free kick, I have huge complaints about officials failure to apply the laws of the game and commentators need to start speaking out and calling out officials failure to apply the laws of the game when it suits them not to

And let's be clear, there is absolutely none of the buzz word, bollocks subjectivity that can be applied to these instances, they are mandatory fouls under the laws of the game
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 15th May 2021 at 05:50 PM.

The "lad banter" of the BBC half-time coverage of the FA Cup.....blimey......

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    who said VAR takes the drama out of the game....lol ...see them chelski twats...lol

"Absolute Bantz".

I'm raging I missed that .......... Not 😆😆

So good to see VAR rule out that equaliser.
    Don’t want Chelsea getting ahead of themselves.

Still very possible Chelsea could end up with nothing and in the Europa league.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    So good to see VAR rule out that equaliser.
    Don’t want Chelsea getting ahead of themselves.

Still very possible Chelsea could end up with nothing and in the Europa league.
    It is very possible, if they lose to Leicester and we look after our own business, their final game is away at Villa, with Grealish, Watkins and fans and if Villa look to put the onus on Chelsea to attack and look to pick them off on the counter, they could easily be found wanting as they were today

Still think they'll beat City in the Champions League final, they might well be in a position of needing to win it to be in it and as today showed, against better sides, they are more suited to defending and pressing and trying to pick them off with their array of very quick forwards

Anyone else think Carra was hard to listen too last night.
    He tries too hard to toe the line and be unbiased which makes him sound a bit of a dick.
    Just be honest and if that means being biased then so be it. That's that cunt Tylers job to be unbiased.