Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ibrahima Konaté

Ibrahima Konaté

Already arrived in Liverpool with some swagger to his new abode. A broad beaming smile of excitement on arrival.

Officially becoming a LFC player tomorrow when the window officially opens.

Not seen him play so no real opinion of him.

Is his injury profile somewhat exaggerated ?

What do people expect from him for the coming season ?

I've seen 19 rave about his ability and seen Steveo slight him as just a French under 21. It seems opinions may be divided.

He is a France under 21 CC..

It’s a fact - not a slight or an opinion dude but carry on..

From my limited knowledge I’d predict Klopp easing him in like he has most signings and mixed performances. Think how up and down Gomez has been when healthy. He’s young and in a much more difficult league. Hopefully Virgil takes him under his wing. Is he our only Frenchman right now or am I forgetting someone?

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    From my limited knowledge I’d predict Klopp easing him in like he has most signings and mixed performances. Think how up and down Gomez has been when healthy. He’s young and in a much more difficult league. Hopefully Virgil takes him under his wing. Is he our only Frenchman right now or am I forgetting someone?
    I think Billy the Kid is also french

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    He is a France under 21 CC..

It’s a fact - not a slight or an opinion dude but carry on..
    Sorry I picked you up incorrectly

Konate is a start but the lad isn’t even a senior yet - certainly not in international terms - he comes in a year after Lovren left without replacement. Citing his signing in defence of the owners seems pretty generous - but each to their own.

That reply for example to whomever it was, left me thinking you didn't rate him as a signing

Naughty CC

It was a perfect repost to anyone trying to credit the owners after their “help” leading into and during a title defence.

You could always dig out the belter it was in reply to…. But then…. that would reveal the truth.
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st July 2021 at 08:56 AM.

I'll be honest I'm expecting him to be very good.
    Rightly or wrongly. Hes expensive for a young player, highly rated so it's only right we should expect him to be an improvement on what we have.
    I said yesterday you would think the club have done their due diligence in regards to fitness. If not then someone should be accountable if the milk turns sour.

He looks very good on paper - but the proof will be revealed on the pitch in the fast and physical Premier League.

He could be the next Virgil in the making - has the potential- OR another Keita (arghh) . As I have said he is young and not a senior international - so expect him to need some time.

EDIT - for me a signing that should have happened last summer not this.
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st July 2021 at 08:39 AM.

He's a big lad and reportedly quite quick so hopefully he can settle early