Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pundits and commentators

Pundits and commentators

They're as bad as the evening news for being sycophantic suck up useless tossers

I expect them to know the laws of the game for a start

I don't want their 'opinion' on the Greenwood handball, I want accuracy, even if they don't like it, I'd be happy with "Well none of us like the current handball rules, but under the laws of the game, the ball hits his arm raised above his head and it's a penalty, it's the same for everyone and we've seen them given all season"

I want on honest opinion on Watkins second booking, I think he's a diving little prick along with all the filthy, Leicester and Villa players, but on this occasion he is actually diving to stop himself getting clattered and there was actually minimal contact, about the same contact as Robbo's foot giving the outstep of Wellbeck's the slightest brush, Wellbeck had absolutely no right going down, but Watkins had to get out of the way, but they backed the Wellbeck dive as I recall

They're like the FA, Premier League and refs association fucking fan club, same way as all our mainstream media are the Tory fucking fan club and none of them are fit for purpose, they're job is to call the bad calls out, just as our mainstream media's job is supposed to be to hold all political parties to account including the Gov and actually report the fucking news, not fill it with misdirection
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

For the benefit of thick or dishonest bastards at Sky, BBC, BT, the refs association and the twats at Stockley Park

HANDLING THE BALL

For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.

Law 12 - Fouls and Misconduct

It is an offence if a player:

deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
    scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
    after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if accidental, immediately:
    scores in the opponents’ goal

creates a goal-scoring opportunity

touches the ball with their hand/arm when:

the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger

the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm

The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Just seen the Fernandes penalty. most penalty takers have a stop and start with the run up (which is against the rules).. but he stops starts stop starts stop starts. he takes it to all knew level. And of course gets away with because Kavanagh is a cheat and bias towards man-united.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

The Greenwood one was a penalty. Couldn't believe it wasn't given..

There you go again tees - being balanced and making total sense. How very dare you.

Discrediting a false narrative will get you a bad name in these here parts.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Just seen the Fernandes penalty. most penalty takers have a stop and start with the run up (which is against the rules).. but he stops starts stop starts stop starts. he takes it to all knew level. And of course gets away with because Kavanagh is a cheat and bias towards man-united.
    The stop start rule is gone

To add to Eggy's post.....
    Feinting during the run-up is permitted, but feinting once the player has completed the run-up is not.

In the latter case, the kicker should be cautioned. From 1st June 2016, the defending team will receive an indirect free kick even if the ball enters the goal. Previously, if the ball entered the goal, a retake would occur after the caution was issued.

From IFAB Laws of the Game, Law 14, FAQ:

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    The stop start rule is gone
    Ok, seems the goalkeeper has little or no chance these days.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Ok, seems the goalkeeper has little or no chance these days.
    That should be the case
    But nowadays penalties are given for sometimes innocuous reasons that could not have directly resulted in a goalscoring chance.
    As a goalie in a previous life the goal seems enormous but sometimes I have tried taking a penalty and the goal looks so much smaller. A fair play-off maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    That should be the case
    But nowadays penalties are given for sometimes innocuous reasons that could not have directly resulted in a goalscoring chance.
    As a goalie in a previous life the goal seems enormous but sometimes I have tried taking a penalty and the goal looks so much smaller. A fair play-off maybe?
    I know but why change from how it use to be?? if a player cant score a penalty thats their issue. its the same for every penalty taker