Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Pundits and commentators

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Of course they won’t. City and Chelsea will clean up for the next while.
    I'm hoping City now win the CL, Guardiola might clear off if he has won everything there. It won't matter either way with Tuchel, he'll be there next season whether he wins or not.

I think getting a pre-season in us and getting back to be more solid...Fabinho in front of the back 4..along side Henderson will make a huge difference.. I would allow Henderson to get forward more. We can play an higher line if we have Fabinho dictating the back line positioning. Just need to add numbers to the attacking side of the game.more quality. We have basically not been able to rest any of our front 3. in years
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

BBC website having a wankfest over Man City winning the league, if they win the ECL it'll be unbearable!

I'm hoping for something resembling this next season

Alisson

Trent/Gomez Konate/Matip Van Dijk Robertson

De Paul/Thiago Henderson/New No6 LCM New LCM/De Paul/Thiago

Salah/Jota/De Paul Bobby/Jota Mane/Jota

If we are to ever get back to playing our pressing and counter pressing game at the incredible, near perfection levels we reached in Fab's absence, we can't afford to have a destroyer at No6

Edit: So for me that means adding 2 midfielders De Paul for RCM LCM RAM and on occasion even RFWD when seeing games out to give Mo some rest and another who is a No6, with great reading of the game, positioning and awareness and passing, who is also perfectly comfortable and happy operating at LCM or RCM
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 12th May 2021 at 05:01 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

In BT commentary, they did actually mention City's resources for the first time I can remember last night, how if in the filthy's position, because of the depth and quality in their massive squad, and how without injuries they have been able to give all those players games with each other across the season, they would have been able to play their second 11 without any real difference and not have gifted Leicester 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    BBC website having a wankfest over Man City winning the league, if they win the ECL it'll be unbearable!
    Did you see the "title celebrations" outside their ground?

Literally this one loon on a Saxophone playing Blue Moon, while maybe 30 people sheepishly stand around looking on their Smartphones at whatever while talking to each other.

I know there's a Pandemic on but my word, the lack of Soul is just on another level.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

They shouldn't even be considered professional pundits

What they were all talking about on Sky is what I pointed out a season ago, it happens all the time and it's the first time they've actually noticed it, it is a lack of awareness, vision and positional sense

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/13/roy-keane-blasts-liverpool-star-fabinhos-lack-of-intelligence-for-manchester-united-goal-14579537/?ito=newsnow-feed

"Poor old United were missing a centre-back and thus were weakened against Liverpool, Maguire is essential and stuff"

Aye and being without Van Dijk, Gomez, Matip, Kabak, Davies (if he even exists) is nothing like.

But be fair Sid Blockheads bonce is as big as all 5 of ours mentioned put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    But be fair Sid Blockheads bonce is as big as all 5 of ours mentioned put together.
    True.

Their back four yesterday also consisted of four players that each cost £30m or more, versus our back four totalling something like £8m.

But they were at a disadvantage. The wee lambs