Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Pundits and commentators

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The pundits and commentators are also balls deep in trying to normalise all the bent refereeing and VAR calls, I would bet a kingly sum that the sublime Cavani 'goal' wins goal of the season, were it legitimately a goal, I would have no problem with that outcome whatsoever, it was a wonderful strike, however, it wasn't a legitimate goal, Fernandes didn't touch the ball from De Gea which meant Cavani was offside, yet despite replays clearly showing that, rather than call it out, MOTD doubled down and entered it into their goals of the season competition
    Goal of the season is Alisson.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Goal of the season is Alisson.
    It is for me you and the rest of us, for drama, for importance, for the incredible mentality monstrosity of it from both Alisson and Trent, the ball in and the finish
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

They really are useless, listening to them prattling on about England and what they should do it's just so annoying

England do not have the players to play a possession game and try and pass through teams to anywhere near approaching the level of the top teams they will have to beat if they want to progress beyond the last 16 of the Euros

Southgate is making incredibly poor use of his players, Kane has not played as the 1 leading the line right up top looking to make runs in behind in going on 3 seasons, he drops off, makes play, then arrives in the box or assists, hims being able to do that effectively, at his club, relies on 2 inside/wide forwards making runs in behind to give him the time and space to do it and full backs getting forward and putting crosses in too. I don't like Kane, I've never liked him, but the lad's getting a slating for a manager not using him properly

We have Sterling, Foden, Rashford, Sancho all used to making the runs in behind as the inside/wide forwards, we have one midfielder Hendo with the type of passing to connect their runs and he's not using Hendo or Sancho at all and he isn't using any of those inside forwards as they play at their best either

What do the pundits and commentators expect to happen? It's not fantasy football, you can't just take players and put them into a random formation they're not used to playing in and expect it to work, they do talk about England needing runs in behind, but they don't understand it or rather why it's not happening, because for it to happen you need to play the players England have who are very good at that in their positions and in a formation that they can do it in and have a player in the fucking midfield who can play those passes to connect their runs and/or prompt them

Mount's had a great season at CHelsea, they have been playing 343, but again how does Mount come by most of his chances and positions to create or assist? It isn't from Chelsea passing through sides, the vast majority of him doing any of those things have come from either of Chelsea's inside/wide forwards making runs in behind and that run being connected and Mount then quickly supporting them, with the defenders and mids of the opposition turned and their positions moved

FOR THE FINAL

In the BBC corner we have Guy Mowbray and Jermaine Jenas .and in the ITV corner we have Sam Matterface and Lee Dixon.
    What a time to be alive.

Jesus

They're 'musings' about the final are so far removed from reality, Alan Smith is on Sky now, talking about how Spain dominated the midfield against Italy and kept their midfield very quiet and 'If England could do something like that' what fucking planet does he live on that he doesn't understand or appreciate how and why Spain were able to do that and that England simply do not have the coordinated press and counter press or players with the passing and ability to keep the ball and work with it in incredibly tight areas that Spain have

Of all the top English club who have won major honours in the last few seasons, only one has had an English midfielder who's passing, however limited people may think it is, has made a major contribution to their side's ability to win and compete for top honours and that's Hendo and he won't be starting tomorrow

City - Gundojan and De Bacon
    Chelsea - Jorginho and Kante

That's it, only one top English team has a top English player whose contributions are absolutely vital to their success against the incredible odds of trying to compete with City on the 14th lowest net spend in the entire league

Sky Italy guy, "Spanish media trying to put pressure on UEFA because they behave the penalty Raheem Sterling won was a dive" It was a fucking dive, only an absolute twat would try and deny it, so most neandethal England fans then

ooooh fucking classic Just seen that a lot of the Italian media are talking about the front page of the Scottish National, just seen it, absolutely fucking priceless, God I fucking love the Scottish

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    FOR THE FINAL

In the BBC corner we have Guy Mowbray and Jermaine Jenas .and in the ITV corner we have Sam Matterface and Lee Dixon.
    What a time to be alive.
    So is it on both channels ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    ooooh fucking classic Just seen that a lot of the Italian media are talking about the front page of the Scottish National, just seen it, absolutely fucking priceless, God I fucking love the Scottish
    That cover is hilarious.