Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virgil not going to Euros...

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Keita's finished here for me, big fee, all the promise in the world, went to AFCON injured, played injured, and it's been niggling injury after niggling injury since for him, when a player comes with a fee like Keita did and is here this long and produces so desperately little, it's time to go, so hopefully we land De Paul who is a far better player than Naby ever was anyway and we can go from strength to strength and Naby can look to restart his career elsewhere and we can draw a line under it
    You are convincing me with De Paul now !

I agree Keita should be done but its going to be hard to sell him maybe someone like West Ham might gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    You are convincing me with De Paul now !
    I am absolutely, totally, completely and wholeheartedly sold on him being the best addition to our side since Virgil and THE best possible addition our midfield could possibly have, above any other player, you get linked with players, you can see the thinking and how they would work and what they would bring and then if they fail to land you can be disappointed, if Edwards doesn't get this lad in and act very decisively and quickly to get it wrapped up before the Euros (not that he's playing in them) I will be absolutely devastated
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Well must admit never seen the guy but he is a good age and seems a robust player.

He does have good numbers so I guess Milan clubs and Juve might fancy him.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Well must admit never seen the guy but he is a good age and seems a robust player.

He does have good numbers so I guess Milan clubs and Juve might fancy him.
    All the media reports on the situation suggest very strongly that the italian clubs desperately want him, but post Covid can't stretch to the fee Udinese are looking for, Inter and AC Milan are said to be highly interested, Leeds still reportedly are and now Atletico, Edwards needs to act fast and get this lad in, signed, sealed and delivered as soon as humanly possible

The legend that is Van Dijk, read his interview on the offal today, THE most pleasing thing about it, is he has at no point tried to rush his rehab, he has worked his bollocks off meticulously working through every next step and the decision to not go to the Euros was to give his leg an even longer period to heal and develop and for everything to realign as best as it possibly can for the best possible outcome and return to action, which he expects to be for pre-season training