Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virgil not going to Euros...

Virgil not going to Euros...

At first glance this sounds great... Just hope it doesn’t mean he is having complications..

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/0...ol-pre-season/

ACL injuries are usually a 6-9 month rehabilitation process so hopefully it's just sensibly erring on the side of caution. Now we just need Hendo to rule himself out too...

Yep - think you are right.

Virgil seems clear on where his priorities are - club first. He is truly world class in every way.

Steveo our season has been bad enough dont put these negative thoughts here 🤣🤣

Glad he has said this as it makes no sense to go after not kickimg a ball 8 months.

Hendo is out for the season so that should rule him out too you cant be out 4 months and play a friendly and expect to be on it.

Hopefully Trent gets a "calf" knock last game be a shame if he missed out too 😉

Jurgen confirmed today Hendo won't play for us again this season, so he won't be going either, good, Southgate and the Engerlanders don't appreciate him anyway

Looks like Hendo and Virgil are both determined to make sure they are rested, recovered and full healed to be in the best possible shape for a stunning campaign next season, all good
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Oops, just watched Jurgen's presser, although Hendo won't play for us again this season, he is confident that he will be available for the Euros although, I'm not so sure as Jurgen was speaking about Hendo having a pre-season before the Euros, which are only a month away, so that doesn't seem to make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Virgil seems clear on where his priorities are - club first. He is truly world class in every way.
    This!
    All the way to the bank.

You don't know how many times I've bashed my head against the wall with other players coming back from extended injury spells, only to make themselves available to their national teams at the next international break before they're even ready to play a full match only to go on and pick up the inevitably injry that sets them back several more weeks of rehab and more club game time missed. (Not naming names but definitely looking at you Naby, and Ox).

I think big Virg's just being extra cautious, and who can blame him?
    He's a big guy and injuries are more costly to players of his size while recurrences are more frequent with the type of pounding he takes.

Also, I think it speaks to the fact that he has more faith in the club's physio staff than their national team physio people.

Gutted for him, though.
    He's captain of the National team, and this is one of the better teams they've had in ages and he misses out in leading them out in flag colours.

Still, the fact that he wants to get back to playing for us, fully fit and ready to go, warms the cockles of the heart. Be great to have him back commandeering that defense.

I hope Joe takes note.
    (...and Hendo opts out too)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Agree completely, think a lot of our players are going to be absolutely bursting to put themselves back on top of the pile next season and settle a few scores and set the record straight, with 3 or 4 quality additions in the right position CB 2CMs and a forward and the clearing out of Ox, Shaq, Origi, Keita, Wilson, Grujic etc we could come back with a vengeance next season, better than ever

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    This!
    All the way to the bank.

You don't know how many times I've bashed my head against the wall with other players coming back from extended injury spells, only to make themselves available to their national teams at the next international break before they're even ready to play a full match only to go on and pick up the inevitably injry that sets them back several more weeks of rehab and more club game time missed. (Not naming names but definitely looking at you Naby, and Ox).

I think big Virg's just being extra cautious, and who can blame him?
    He's a big guy and injuries are more costly to players of his size while recurrences are more frequent with the type of pounding he takes.

Also, I think it speaks to the fact that he has more faith in the club's physio staff than their national team physio people.

Gutted for him, though.
    He's captain of the National team, and this is one of the better teams they've had in ages and he misses out in leading them out in flag colours.

Still, the fact that he wants to get back to playing for us, fully fit and ready to go, warms the cockles of the heart. Be great to have him back commandeering that defense.

I hope Joe takes note.
    (...and Hendo opts out too)
    Yep Keita started picking up injuries on EVERY international call up and even though he is injury prone it is bound to have annoyed Klopp and the club.

Don’t worry about Gomez he won’t be going to the Euros not with a PCL injury.

Hendo will hopefully have spoke to Klopp and makes the right decision talking my bias LFC hat off how could he be match fit anyway but in saying that England are daft enough to do it as they have history of this with Owen / Rooney / Beckham.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yep Keita started picking up injuries on EVERY international call up and even though he is injury prone it is bound to have annoyed Klopp and the club.

Don’t worry about Gomez he won’t be going to the Euros not with a PCL injury.

Hendo will hopefully have spoke to Klopp and makes the right decision talking my bias LFC hat off how could he be match fit anyway but in saying that England are daft enough to do it as they have history of this with Owen / Rooney / Beckham.
    Keita's finished here for me, big fee, all the promise in the world, went to AFCON injured, played injured, and it's been niggling injury after niggling injury since for him, when a player comes with a fee like Keita did and is here this long and produces so desperately little, it's time to go, so hopefully we land De Paul who is a far better player than Naby ever was anyway and we can go from strength to strength and Naby can look to restart his career elsewhere and we can draw a line under it