Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Manchester Utd v Liverpool Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I meant the season as a whole. Hes been abysmal.
    Not true, he was on fire until he got Covid and then his position was altered, doesn't suit him playing constantly inside right, a lot of his goals and best contributions came from him being wide right and making outside in runs from there with and without the ball, scored a lot of his goals with runs like that with and without the ball
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    On a separate note, Salah is joint top of the Golden Boot award with Kane. A nice incentive for Mo to score a few goals in the next three matches.
    The Golden Boot is a thread of the story that could yet prove significant this season.

Salah's hunger for goals may yet help us against West Brom (and we'll see where we go from there) while Kane's hunger for goals might just help Spurs to do us a favour against Leicester at the death if we're still in contention for 4th.

How on earth was Fernandez awarded that goal. It’s the clearest OG I think I’ve ever seen.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The Golden Boot is a thread of the story that could yet prove significant this season.

Salah's hunger for goals may yet help us against West Brom (and we'll see where we go from there) while Kane's hunger for goals might just help Spurs to do us a favour against Leicester at the death if we're still in contention for 4th.
    It's vital Mo keeps making good decisions and the right decisions and doesn't turn into late season greedy Mo in his pursuit of the Golden boot and not playing others in when he should, I hope he gets his golden boot, by making well timed runs and getting on the end of things or by getting himself half a yard with a great angle for a left foot finish, but us winning our remaining games, scoring as many goals as possible through all our players making the right decisions a lot more consistently is THE most important thing, not whether or not Mo wins the golden boot
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Bruno is another one who always fake injury, everyone have to stop playing because of him several time. Pogba has to foul our player to stop playing to create a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    How on earth was Fernandez awarded that goal. It’s the clearest OG I think I’ve ever seen.
    I believe the rule is that if the ball was already on a trajectory where it would have ended up in the net anyway regardless of the defender's intervention, then it's not awarded as an own goal but given to the shooter, (and counted as an inconsequential deflection for the defender).

Having re-watched it several times, I guess you could say it's arguable whether or not Allisson could have saved it. So I guess they just had the home-field advantage and erred on the side of "no" and gave it to Fernandes.

It didn't matter in the end and that's all that counts.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

There was glimpses of the Liverpool of Old last night. Finally the midfield turned up in a big game this season ,and it showed.
    Brilliant result.
    Though I can't say the same about the refereeing, some of the decisions were a fucking disgrace but we battled through which we now have to do when we go to old Trafford, play against 12 men.

Mané took the shine of what was a great win. Always one person who has to make it about themselves when everyone else is having a good time. I wouldn’t start him again this season, I’d rather have Origi and get into Europa then let him get his way.

I'd be more worried that one of our top players was happy to have been a sub against Man Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by TorresGoalGoal View Post
    Mané took the shine of what was a great win. Always one person who has to make it about themselves when everyone else is having a good time. I wouldn’t start him again this season, I’d rather have Origi and get into Europa then let him get his way.
    Bollox, he is allowed to be upset. Said publicly he is having a poor season and doesn't know why, I tell u why ran himself into the ground for us.