Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Manchester Utd v Liverpool Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Little drama maybe, still not a good look leaving the boss hanging
    Absolutely bang out of order. I've just watched it there, he can fuck off. Big girl, acting like a fucking diva.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Not exactly true 19x.
    Chelsea can win both games and finish on 70 points and Leicester can win one and lose one and finish on 69 points.
    Maximum points for us is 69 points so it might come down to goal difference or even goals scored.
    Goal difference is pretty close but goals scored is currently:
    Leicester 65
    Liverpool 61
    Chelsea 55
    Think Nineteen's probably basing it off (and he can correct me if I'm wrong) the goal difference position.

Take your scenario of Leicester winning one and losing one, finishing on 69. For them to lose one (thus negative impact on their goal difference) while we win 3 (to match their 69 point tally) and somehow still be above us on goal difference despite us improving ours 3 times seems a very unlikely event.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Absolutely bang out of order. I've just watched it there, he can fuck off. Big girl, acting like a fucking diva.
    Yup. I’ve just Gray and Keys milking it, and it doesn’t look good from Mané’s point of view. He looks like a spoiled brat. I fully understand players being disappointed in not playing, but at least be professional about it.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Think Nineteen's probably basing it off (and he can correct me if I'm wrong) the goal difference position.

Take your scenario of Leicester winning one and losing one, finishing on 69. For them to lose one (thus negative impact on their goal difference) while we win 3 (to match their 69 point tally) and somehow still be above us on goal difference despite us improving ours 3 times seems a very unlikely event.
    That would depend on how many they put past Spurs, I think, which could be anything.

As for the filthy, let that be a fucking lesson to them, resting all their team v Leicester throwing the towel in on the title race on when it was still mathematically possible, as I said pre match, their defence was an absolute shambles tonight missing just Maguire and as i also said pre match, they only EVER look good if teams stand off them and let them play, if you press them and attack them any side can beat them, can't wait for Emerey's (the master of the Europa League) Villareal to beat them in that final, it's what they deserve, after the Leicester caper they deserve to lose a couple more of their players ahead of that final too

Said it all season, they, like 3 or 4 other sides who have punched well above their weight this season, have benefitted from having a big squad of not top players, but very good players and having most of them fit most of the season and a lot of the lesser sides with smaller squads having more injuries and not having the same preparation time for games and recovery time between games they need to give the big guns a game
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Yup. I’ve just Gray and Keys milking it, and it doesn’t look good from Mané’s point of view. He looks like a spoiled brat. I fully understand players being disappointed in not playing, but at least be professional about it.
    Klopps played it down in the interview but he'll not be happy with it. Can you imagine the pelters Mo would get if he did that?
    Mabe can have no complaints, probably pissed that Mo took the spoils again. Guess what Sadio, if you score yourself you might get a look in.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Klopps played it down in the interview but he'll not be happy with it. Can you imagine the pelters Mo would get if he did that?
    Mabe can have no complaints, probably pissed that Mo took the spoils again. Guess what Sadio, if you score yourself you might get a look in.
    Erm, he scored 2 in his last 3 and looked to be getting back to much better form prior to being left out tonight

In Jurgen's defence, with the possibility of Mane suffering or having suffered long Covid, and not having the same energy levels or stamina, I think it's important Jurgen manages that in our remaining three games, I would start him v WBA because Jota hasn't played much recently and looked out on his feet in the second half before he was subbed, and it's a quick turn around between tonight's game and Sunday's and then another between Sunday's game and Wednesdays

So for me Mane should start v WBA on the understanding he's playing for an hour then Jota's coming on for him and Jota should start v Burnley
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    That would depend on how many they put past Spurs, I think, which could be anything.
    True - though Harry Kane will want to guarantee the Golden Boot and they won't want to finish below Arsenal.

Not saying Leicester couldn't best them, as they absolutely can - but I'd be surprised if they got a 4-0 for example, which they may well need.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Erm, he scored 2 in his last 3 and looked to be getting back to much better form prior to being left out tonight

In Jurgen's defence, with the possibility of Mane suffering or having suffered long Covid, and not having the same energy levels or stamina, I think it's important Jurgen manages that in our remaining three games, I would start him v WBA because Jota hasn't played much recently and looked out on his feet in the second half before he was subbed, and it's a quick turn around between tonight's game and Sunday's and then another between Sunday's game and Wednesdays

So for me Mane should start v WBA on the understanding he's playing for an hour then Jota's coming on for him and Jota should start v Burnley
    I meant the season as a whole. Hes been abysmal.

Lots of talk in the media about how much United missed Maguire. Did they see who we had playing at centre back?

On a separate note, Salah is joint top of the Golden Boot award with Kane. A nice incentive for Mo to score a few goals in the next three matches.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!