Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your team v West Brom

If Jurgen and the medical team think Jota's good for it, after running himself into the ground v the filthy, I'd start Jota, he's more likely to produce and try something very different and unpredictable that could be the key to unlocking West Brom if despite already being relegated, Fat Sam tries to park the bus again

It's a tough call, with Trent right back on it and those early crosses from deep to the far post from both full backs a highly probably source of a break through, does he go with Jota's penchant for trying something very different and unpredictable and making those more mazy little runs between defenders in the box or does he go with Mane's strength and power, both are very good at arriving at that far post area and good at heading from there
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Bit of a weird game for Jurgen to prepare for, West Brom are already relegated, we all expect Fat Sam to park the bus and look to get set pieces regardless, but the truth is, now they're relegated, we really don't know what they might try so Jurgen has to prepare for anything, including them trying to catch us cold going for it from the first whistle, really important we start fast and focused and are prepared for anything

Yes, we also play before the Chelsea game so pressures on, as anything but a win let's them off the hook in their game.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Yes, we also play before the Chelsea game so pressures on, as anything but a win let's them off the hook in their game.
    Bit of a grudge match for our lads given their late late equaliser in the draw our lads got slaughtered for was a part of the great VAR robbery of 2021 and a very clear foul on Fab by their lad to get above him for the header, that was so late in that game we didn't have time to react to it, but in last night's game we showed an incredible reaction, the right reaction, the reaction we should have always shown to the VAR bollocks when time permitted, to yet another VAR stitch up denying us a stonewall penalty, so if we react like we did last night from the first whistle to the last on Sunday, that would probably be a good thing

We might see the 4312/4321 of last nights game again on Sunday, not giving opposition full backs 2 of our forwards to focus on playing against the entire game and our forwards popping up in different positions throughout worked a treat last night, congests the centre, but they'll do that anyway and it creates space on either flank to make runs into

I think that's why Mane didn't start last night, because he has struggled for his best form since he had Covid and a part of that has been he has struggled with the changes to playing more 4312 than 433 and he and Mo being narrower, as we have played that way in quite a few games

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Mane on the bench again. This is no time to act like a child.

He's been fockin shite all season too.
    Agree - Jota did more than enough to start again. Gini was awesome in the middle - so no changes. Go again.

Damn Klopps comment to the reporters on the mane handshake was so classy even I forgive him.
    Sucks that it was in a game we scored good Goals and played well. Hopefully it was frustration at him not being a part of it.

Be a tough old game tomorrow and another cup final and we simply HAVE to break our habit of turning up against the top sides and failing to produce our best against the lesser sides and be at full intensity, focus, accuracy and quality in everything we do, those early crosses from deeper in behind their defence towards the far post, hit to stay in play will perhaps be key, enabling us to turn them unsettle them and then score from arriving on the end of those balls, create from a different area having collected them after we've turned their defence, or through winning it quickly high up with great pressing and counter pressing having turned them

Fat Sam giving it the large about exploiting us, we do need to keep it tight in the centre you feel we'll need to use all the excellence we displayed in defending while attacking in making sure we pick up Matheus Pereira and Callum Robinson while attacking to make sure they can't be quickly relesed for counters if our play breaks down, releasing either to drive the ball forward towards the opposition backline with their lone forward looking to be released has been a feature of their play under Fat Sam, you expect that may be his plan for tomorrow and what he is referring to

Our most important game tomorrow, the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Our most important game tomorrow, the next one.
    Exfuckingactly Miller, all our focus and intensity should always be purely and entirely on the next game, and getting the win and another vital 3 points ALWAYS