Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: This weekends other games

FT 1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    West Ham to crumble right at the death under the pressure and our lads to somehow miraculously win our last 5 and sneak into top four
    Need to make fucking damned well sure we our at our very best and get the win tomorrow

Great result tonight, with the table as it is, it pretty much ensures Spurs will have absolutely everything to play for on the last day in terms of qualifying for Europe as the bitters next 2 games are ones even they should win and it's getting very tight for who finishes in the Europa slots as well as the Champions League spots
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Delighted to see West Ham fail to win.

It should go without saying that I am desperately keen to see us in the Champion's League next season, but I am very keen for us to end up in the Europa if we miss out on playing in the Big Ears Cup.

Our chances of playing in a European competition and keeping the ball rolling have just gone up that little bit more.

Please, please, please a win against West Brom tomorrow.

I was very impressed with Bissouma again tonight, seen him pass and shoot better, but he did produce and couple of absolutely top class passes to release a full back that took four West Ham players out of the game, what I like in particular was how he constantly saw what was on, wasn't attracted by the ball like a destroyer is and consistently put himself in the right defensive position with the player he needed to be with in so many situations

For me he's the player we need to replace Gini and he'll be comfortable in any of our 3 midfield slots, given Hendo's and Fab's short to medium term injuries they've suffered in the last 2 seasons, it is really important that when we replace Gini, it is with a player who can play very well at No6 as well as at LCM or RCM

I really like Bissouma.

Whether or not we'll be willing to potentially spend £40m+ on a midfielder who will be behind Henderson, Thiago and Fabinho in the pecking order when we probably want to ensure Jones continues his development remains to be seen.

If we are in Europe though (in whatever competition) we certainly need numbers in the middle of the park and don't want to be relying on Ox/Keita with their injury records.

In a hypothetical where Ox+Keita were both shifted (unlikely I feel) do we think that a midfield "set" of -

Henderson
    Thiago
    Fabinho
    Bissouma
    Jones
    Milner

....would suffice?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I really like Bissouma.

Whether or not we'll be willing to potentially spend £40m+ on a midfielder who will be behind Henderson, Thiago and Fabinho in the pecking order when we probably want to ensure Jones continues his development remains to be seen.

If we are in Europe though (in whatever competition) we certainly need numbers in the middle of the park and don't want to be relying on Ox/Keita with their injury records.

In a hypothetical where Ox+Keita were both shifted (unlikely I feel) do we think that a midfield "set" of -

Henderson
    Thiago
    Fabinho
    Bissouma
    Jones
    Milner

....would suffice?
    No, we need a replacement for Gini at LCM who can also play No6 comfortably, especially considering Hendo's and Fab's short to medium term injury absences the last 2 seasons, Gini is currently our only cover for No6 if both are unavailable, we can't start our next campaign without another mid for No6

We desperately need that attacking RCM or LCM we have tried to sign with Keita, Oxlade, Shaqiri and Minamino, it will make an absolute chasm of difference to our options and ability to break down all sides and break down and break the lines of park the bus teams in particular and adding one who can assist directly, deliver top quality through balls and assists, crossing and score goals as well as having excellent passing to make the play in general and Rodrigo De Paul is exactly and precisely that player, he's the absolutely ideal player and there is no way on this earth, having made so many attempts to land the right player for that, we should let the opportunity to land De Paul pass

We NEED to sign 2 quality midfielders this summer, if we only sign one, we're either missing that absolutely required cover at No6 and for LCM and RCM for certain kinds of games or we're missing the player we have desperately lacked to provide goals and assists and the x factor in midfield for the past 4 season, we NEED both those players if we are to have a successful campaign next season

Jones is nowhere near ready either, massively overhyped, he needs to be a come on a a sub, cup games and maybe 10-15 bit part Premier league appearances player for a side with our aspirations while he's still learning to play with the men

Edit: The issue of none of our signings that were attempts to land that attacking midfielder that could make all the difference and our struggles to break down park the bus sides in particular and lacking goals and assists from midfield has been going on for 4 seasons now, Keita, Oxlade, Minamino, Shaqiri, not one of them are that player or good enough or fit often enough and we can't go into a new season without addressing that and we have the perfect opportunity and player available to address it, I'd move all that four on to pay for it

Getting another forward in and getting shut of Origi is surely very high on the list of priorities also, that would also make a huge difference, as in the other thread, we can offload some big wages of players who have never reached the levels we need them to and are never likely to and who pick up most of their wages from being mostly on the treatment table or on the bench because they're not good enough, recoup some money and sign the four players we need to this summer with a net spend of just 30-40m
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 15th May 2021 at 11:23 PM.

Barcelona 1-2 Celta Vigo (that’s them out of the title race)

Athletic Bilbao 0-1 Real

Atletico Madrid 2-1 Osasuna
    Suarez with an 88th minute strike to put the league leaders in front

Everton 0-1 Sheff Utd

Come on you Blaaaaaades!!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Barcelona 1-2 Celta Vigo (that’s them out of the title race)

Athletic Bilbao 0-1 Real

Atletico Madrid 2-1 Osasuna
    Suarez with an 88th minute strike to put the league leaders in front
    If Suarez takes the title at Madrid’s second club - what does that mean for Messi.?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    If Suarez takes the title at Madrid’s second club - what does that mean for Messi.?
    No title?

The bitters have their best 11 out and are getting absolutely bummed by Sheffield UTD, still only 1-0 to the Blades thus far

Maybe in this day of karma so far, it will stay at 1-0, Prickford will go up for a late late corner, and the Blades keeper will come 2 fisted with everything he has and absolutely fucking destroy him