Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: This weekends other games

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    That was not the result that best suited us.

On the plus side, we are now marginally ahead of Leicester on goal difference, so if we uphold our end of things (by winning our last 2 matches) the permutations of goal difference are that little bit less likely to be a problem.
    At the end of the day Sid it didn't matter.
    We take care of our own business and it doesn't matter. They should not be hoping for something that would mean any less than just going out and winning 2 more games.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    At the end of the day Sid it didn't matter.
    We take care of our own business and it doesn't matter. They should not be hoping for something that would mean any less than just going out and winning 2 more games.
    I'm very much on the win-both-and-sod-the-rest train too, I assure you - though I do always like a back-up plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'm very much on the win-both-and-sod-the-rest train too, I assure you - though I do always like a back-up plan.
    Let's just focus on getting the win tomorrow, THAT is THE most important thing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The team has surely been focussing on that very thing before every game this season?

If not, I would love to know why.

Sadly so often we haven’t had the ability or the personnel to make it happen. We have had chance after chance after chance to get back onto the horse - and failed every time.

Don’t do it to yourselves lads.

Fucking hell, just seen the filthy's goal, how the fuck UEFA don't appoint a panel of refs and have a word with the Premier League, FA and refs association is beyond me, fucking great strike by Cavani, but the goofy bastard doesn't touch the ball and he's therefore 2 yards offside and it is clear as the light of day Goofy doesn't touch it on replay

Their season in VAR off the top off my head

Incorrect decision not give give Chelsea a pen for Maguire holding Azpilicueta back by his neck to prevent him scoring -1
    Ref blows up early for half time when Mane's clean through, when obliged to play at least a minute of stoppage time -1
    VAR fail to apply the laws of the game correctly and award Villa a pen for Greenwood's handball at 2-1 -2
    VAR overturn Anthony Taylor's correct decision to award us a pen that's every identical incident has resulted in one - We bummed them anyway
    VAR fail to apply the laws of the game and rule Cavani offisde for tonight's goal -1
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We have had chance after chance after chance to get back onto the horse - and failed every time.
    Literally the form team in the League of late, recently beat United at Old Trafford and our goalie bags us a 94th-minute winner against a bogey-team manager that Klopp hadn't beaten yet.

Allow yourself to enjoy the ride. We could have been dead and buried in March yet are still mathematically in with a shout of Top Four in the final week.

Appreciate the Pandemic World is a bit miserable, but it's all the more reason to enjoy the relative escapism that is Football.

Have faith! Little to be gained in giving up at this stage other than the chance to say "I told you so" - 93 minutes into the West Brom match and we were all pretty deflated, yet here we are thanks to Big Bear Alisson.

The team has surely been focussing on that very thing before every game this season?

Sadly so often we haven’t had the ability or the personnel to make it happen. We have had chance after chance after chance to get back onto the horse - and failed every time.

Spot on mate. I really expected us to be confident after beating United, but the game against West Brom was pretty awful, let’s be honest. Fantastic result obviously, but a performance lacking in so many ways.

By the way, Burnley‘s form guide:

L W L W L ?
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

D?

Burnley's last 3 home games:

15 May Burnley - Leeds Utd 0 - 4
    3 May Burnley - West Ham Utd 1 - 2
    11 Apr Burnley - Newcastle Utd 1 - 2

Come on Liverpool ... beat them at least by 2 goals ...

Good point.
    It's like they've been thinking they simply won't run out of chances. Like when your Mum would say" as if tomorrow will do!".