Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1215161718192021222324252627282932 ... LastLast

Thread: This weekends other games

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Careful what you wish for.

Fergy did far worse in his fist 3 years and judging by how many dodgy decisions they get with Ole - I do worry.
    But the dodgy decisions are a big part of why they'll never develop a winning mentality, plus, although this season has been corrupt as fuck from our officials, it has been as corrupt as it can be given the modern technology now in use, and refs can only give things if teams give them the opportunity to.

Why I think they'll never develop a winning mentality is I believe that comes from the manager first and foremost and while ferguson had that, Ole is a good loser, and that even if you're manager has it, the players HAVE to develop it through being in situations in which they have to give games absolutely everything they have got and take the very highest risks and raise themselves to a higher level to win them, against any opposition or odds, as long as refs are gifting them easy wins while looking to take points off their rivals, every time the pressure is really on and the chips are down, they'll be found wanting scratching around, playing it safe, waiting for the officials to give them something rather than taking it for themselves
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Man-united struggle to get results..The competition is way higher than it use to be under Fergus.
    I can't see them winning enough games to win a title. Time will tell if we are.. was a good finish to the season, need to start in August how we finished this season.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

With our squad as fit as Utd’s we are miles ahead of them, miles.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Man-united struggle to get results..The competition is way higher than it use to be under Fergus.
    93/94, 99/00 and 08/09 are the 3 occasions on which they have reached the 90-point mark or more - think the points totals were 92, 91 and 08/09 was definitely 90 points.

The jostling for position between ourselves and Man City raised the bar. Whilst I wouldn't predict Man United NEVER reaching those heights (right Manager and a good recruitment policy plus their funding and wage structure means it's possible in the right circumstances) it certainly doesn't look imminent without a drastic change in mentality - that I don't think is coming from Ole.

Them taking their silver medals off after the Final spoke volumes. That's a Fergie ploy - "we're a huge club and second place/Europa is beneath us" - that only works if you have serious clout behind you (Fergie could pull that off) but it just looks pathetic when you've got to the Final of a tournament because you botched your Champion's League campaign and you get beaten by a Club (who are winning their first ever trophy I believe?!?!) assembled on a negative net spend - it smacked of entitled lads playing at being serial winners, when they've won nothing for 4 seasons now despite serious hand-outs in the penalties etc. domestically.

Look at the dignity with which we applauded the crowd and wore our medals after the loss to Sevilla and Klopp's post-match comments about using the experience to become better.

Which we did.

Night and day.

Klopp is different gear. He has done it with one arm tied behind his back AND while we were fair play kings.

That’s why I believe he is off the scale the best manager around. Just a shame he can’t be preserved indefinitely.

Klopp is different gear. He has done it with one arm tied behind his back AND while we were fair play kings.

That’s why I believe he is off the scale the best manager around. Just a shame he can’t be preserved indefinitely.
    I'm crossing my fingers that we have one more epic journey under him (League title or Champion's League win) and/or make a couple of the "right" signings in the last 2 seasons of his contract that tip the scale enough to think "wow, okay, can see the picture of the next cycle, might do a couple more years, see what these lads can do" sort of thing.

My gut says that he'll finish at the end of 23/24 as he has had us competing with City's resources off the back of Dortmund competing against Bayern's resources - two jobs that must be really draining - but all fingers and toes crossed.

We're fair play kings because Jurgen understands how the officiating works in our league, it's actually been a very good thing in that respect, knowing if we give officials any excuse whatsoever to give something to the opposition or put one of our players in the book, has made us work incredibly hard to be better in the press and counter press, be a lot better positionally and stand up and force players where we want them to go before making well time tackles or block tackles. Jurgen has turned what was a disadvantage to an advantage
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Brentford V swansea, who do you want to go up?

I hope brentford do, for someone different, plus Toney deserves to be in the prem, they've been unlucky in recent years too.

Fuck wales!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Brentford V swansea, who do you want to go up?

I hope brentford do, for someone different, plus Toney deserves to be in the prem, they've been unlucky in recent years too.

Fuck wales!
    Come on you Bees !

10th time lucky for them hopefully! in a way isn't the championship play off final, more important than the champions league final? for money at least?