Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: This weekends other games

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    No title?
    Yes - that’s true but could also mean that Suarez has been the bigger factor in the big prizes on the Iberian peninsula these last few years despite being a year older than Lionel. Also shows what a monumental mistake Barcelona made in letting him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes - that’s true but could also mean that Suarez has been the bigger factor in the big prizes on the Iberian peninsula these last few years despite being a year older than Lionel. Also shows what a monumental mistake Barcelona made in letting him go.
    Nah

Everton being Everton took 4 points off us and injured two of our players and cant finish above us !!

How on earth is Kane onside for Spurs first goal today BTW, in real time and from the lines on the pitch he very clearly looked to be just offside
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

So one more win means we are guaranteed to have (at least) Europa League football, yes?

With two more wins (almost) certainly getting us Champion's League football - unless we are very unlucky with seeing the "wrong" result between Leicester+Chelsea AND seeing the "wrong" side beat their opposition on the final day by an unusually large goal tally.

Very encouraging!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    So one more win means we are guaranteed to have (at least) Europa League football, yes?

With two more wins (almost) certainly getting us Champion's League football - unless we are very unlucky with seeing the "wrong" result between Leicester+Chelsea AND seeing the "wrong" side beat their opposition on the final day by an unusually large goal tally.

Very encouraging!
    Too many ifs and buts for my liking. We never do things simple do we.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Too many ifs and buts for my liking. We never do things simple do we.
    Know what you're saying, but some of the ifs and buts aren't "really" concerns.

Take Leicester losing to Chelsea, which is arguably the least desirable result for us as it means we're much more likely to have to win our 2 remaining games.

They're level with us on goal difference now at +21, so if Chelsea beat them 2-0 say, Leicester would drop to +19 goal difference. If we beat Burnley, even if it's "only" 1-0, we go up to +22. For it to go to goal difference (meaning we beat Crystal Palace too) we would be at a minimum of +23 (that's a 1-0 against Burnley and a 1-0 against Crystal Palace) meaning that Leicester (in that example of a 2-0 loss to Chelsea) would be going into the Tottenham game having to beat Spurs 4-0 just to get from that +19 up to +23 to match us, 5-0 if they wanted to best us on goal difference.

The chances of that happening are really slim.

On the other hand, if Chelsea draw against Leicester or lose to them, their max total is 68 (draw) or 67 (loss) if they win their last game.

Compared to the 69 we land on if we win our last two.

So a Leicester win (versus Chelsea) is the most desirable outcome on Tuesday.

Filthy winning 1-0
    Leeds winning 1-0

Main event, Chelsea v Leicester kicks off at 815 both need to win, a draw is no good to either, going to be interesting to see whose nerve holds better

Now Filthy 1-1 Fulham