Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: This weekends other games

Just a reminder (as if anyone needs it) that we have 3 times more European Cups than the combined total of the Oil Clubs Chelsea, City and PSG.

The 4-2 against United, Trent's last minute curler against Villa and Alisson's last minute header against West Brom hopefully a prelude to a beautiful journey in 21/22.

We've added Konate. Van Dijk and Gomez continue their rehab. The work begins now.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I never thought it was forgone conclusion that Man-city would win. if their up against quality that can attack. (though Chelsea did that in spurts) you always have a chance against Man-citys ultra high line.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I never thought it was forgone conclusion that Man-city would win. if their up against quality that can attack. (though Chelsea did that in spurts) you always have a chance against Man-citys ultra high line.
    Tuchel got it spot on tactically, that's how you play City, THAT is the way to beat them, for all teams, 3 forwards/ or one or two forwards and one or two attacking mids, one on Rodri, Fernandinho or whoever they play at DM the other 2 not looking to press their CB's, but blocking the lines and creating a platform by which you're restricting the avenues CIty can play through and your other 7 outfield players can more easily see what's coming and to whom

A HUGE part of how this City team play and A LOT of their possession in games in their No6 and 2 CBs playing triangles between each other, while all City's other players are higher constantly making short runs between the lines, if you stop the triangle by badgering their DM constantly and block the lines with the two inside forwards, those other City players can't be found as high and they start to have to drop back deeper looking to be found and doing just that completely disrupts how 'genius' Guardiola has them set up to play, it's that simple to make life incredibly difficult for them

1 effort on target all game in a Champions League final
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I hope all our lads are watching I EXPECT a Premier and Champions League double next season, no fucking excuses

Edit: And no fucking lame ass transfers from FSG and Edwards and none of the fucking sentimentality that saw us not strengthen after winning the Champions league, Origi, Shaq, Keita, Oxlade, Grujic, Wilson all out, permanently, no loans

Top quality or top emerging younger player in for Gini's controller role who can also play at No6 LCM and RCM, with Gravenberch brought in next summer too

Top quality, best available attacking mid available who can play LCM RCM ACM and the BEST available, no pissing around with second or third best options available on a free

1, preferably 2 of the best young emerging quality forwards available, 1 a No9/False 9 hybrid, 1 who can play all 3 positions but more suited to playing LFWD or RFWD

Because all of that is the start of the building for continuing success, with the younger talents adding far greater quality immediately than the players we move on and learning, growing and developing with the incredible players we have remaining, but ageing, from our Champions League and Premier League wins and we need to start making those steps NOW, we've wasted 2 fucking seasons
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 29th May 2021 at 10:55 PM.

City have lost to Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea in the last four Champions League campaigns, Lyon being the fourth.

Best manager in the World.

Forget the money, forget the money.. it’s a red herring. Pep is the best bar none and City the best EVER English team.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    3 Champion's League wins in a row from German coaches. Credit to their system perhaps?

Also Man City knocked out in the last 3 seasons by Spurs, Lyon and Chelsea - that could be the path to a EUROPA Final some years, the absolute mugs.
    His 5 champions league campaigns, those 3, Monaco & us.
    Nailed on PSG knock them out next year.

1st time Peps lost a CL final

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    City have lost to Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea in the last four Champions League campaigns, Lyon being the fourth.

Best manager in the World.

Forget the money, forget the money.. it’s a red herring. Pep is the best bar none and City the best EVER English team.
    He lost to Monaco in 16/17, Nailed on PSG knock them out next year.

Back to this and better next season from our lads, MINIMUM requirement

Right then, let's all get behind Critch and his Blackpool lads in their play off final to get into the Championship tomorrow afternoon, Critch is a top man and has a great knowledge, relationship with and understanding of many of our youth players and should he wish to take any of them on loan, with Blackpool in the Championship, that could prove highly productive for us, our youth players and Critch

Baldy has bottled it yet again with another bizarre line-up and tactical decision in Europe. Ha fucking ha