Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2225262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: This weekends other games

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Baldy has bottled it yet again with another bizarre line-up and tactical decision in Europe. Ha fucking ha
    100% mate. We said it before the game, he tried to be a smart arse. Why not start Aguaro and Jesus up top when you know it works.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Baldy has bottled it yet again with another bizarre line-up and tactical decision in Europe. Ha fucking ha
    I know precisely why he did it, Tuchel knows how to play City, he sets up as I described as the best way to stop them playing and disrupt their rhythm and patterns of play which rely on them being able to pass it around for long periods between the triangle of their 2 CBs and their No6, while all their other players are higher up the pitch, continually making short runs and movement looking to be found by any of those 3 between the lines (Dias and Rodri have the 1st and 3rd highest number of Premier League passes this season)

You could see that having lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup, in their next meeting Pep was already very worried about this for the Champions League final, so he tried using a back 3 with one of his usual DMs instead, but the result was the same

After that you just knew he was going to tinker for the Champions League final and try something else that in theory he believed would work, so knowing his DMs passing ability is more limited than his other mids and his other mids are more agile and better at getting half a yard, he thought playing Gundojan there would be the solution, that he'd be able to beat the press and deliver better quality passing to pick out their players in more advanced positions, and that didn't work either

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

With the joyous and incredible amount of Manc tears over the last 4 days, this seems highly appropriate to celebrate 2 great European finals, Kavanagh and the plethora of Riley and Gills Manc hatchet men officials included

Justice was served tonight in the end, City were guilty of incredibly creative accounting to circumvent FFP, and rightly and deservedly should have been banned from this season's and next season's Champions League for that

My issue with City circumventing FFP and getting away with it isn't because they are our rivals, it is because it is turning all our domestic competition into one team competitions, bar better managers than Guardiola having the same resources as him, or performing miracles against all odds and having to sacrifice credible participation in either domestic cup competition to be able to compete n the league and Champions League.

All the ESL talk focused in the creation of such a league and the revenue these clubs involved would get from it, turning the Premier League into a four or five team League, which given but the miracles performed by Jurgen, it is currently a one team league, I found an incredibly bizarre claim.

The Premier League and FA simply must impose a stringent FFP system to restrict City to only spending what they earn, and by stringent I mean strict rules on fabricated revenue streams City receive from companies owned by their clubs owners or associates of their clubs owners he pays the money to they are alleged to pay to his club

City are THE biggest danger to the football pyramid the pundits and other clubs owners spent so much time talking about during the ESL furor

They are already devaluing the Premier League product through making it a one team league bar miracles performed by other managers

They a devaluing and removing 'the magic' from both our domestic cup competitions, because other top clubs bar Chelsea simply have to play weakened sides and effectively write off both domestic cups to be able to compete with City's 2 top quality teams in the Premier League and Champions League.

Such is City's dominance in both domestic cup competitions that even many of the Premier League's lesser lights are writing off both domestic cups and fielding significantly weakened teams, because they are aware that to win either cup and possibly gain a place in European competition through that, they will at some point have to face City's second team, which is much better than their own best 11 and more rested, so City are removing any magic from the domestic cup competitions that was left and sucking the life and all meaningfulness out of them, season after season.

As long as sterling and Pep didn't win it

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Haha. That's mad.
    Reminds me of Basil Fawlty when he was threatening to and then finally did thrash his car

I can't stand Chelsea, or their fanbase.

But I am looking forward to Oasis parody covers more than I thought I would.

".....and after all.......City won fuck all....."

or

"....and so, City can wait, Aguero knows it's too late as their chance slips on by....."

and so on - I'm sure there will end up being a few good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    As long as sterling and Pep didn't win it
    Ah yes reason enough to want City to lose, the bold Raheem

So Pep hasn't won the Champion's League in the past 10 years now - not reaching the Final in 9 of those years - and when he did win he had arguably the best ever in his prime at his disposal, surrounded by an array of incredible players.

Meanwhile, in a 6-year period from 12/13 to 18/19, Klopp took TWO different teams to the Final, getting there on 3 occasions (once with Dortmund, twice with Liverpool) and one of those was a win.

Jurgen also an insanely classy man to boot.

We're so privileged to have 3 more seasons with him. Hopefully we go through something wonderful in that time that inspires him to stay a little longer. Utterly irreplaceable.

Fucking hilarious city's owners have always wanted to win champions league.. 10 more years 😂😂😂