Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sadio Mane

Should have had 2 assists today
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Should have been on the bench. No choice now though with Jota out seemingly. Cant believe Origi doesn’t get a go from the bench second half...seriously?

Mane’s first half miss was straight out of the toilet. The rest of his play...? He nearly cost us the game - TWICE!

Wow he was shocking by his standards
    Last edited by Steveo; 17th May 2021 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Should have been on the bench. No choice now though with Jota out seemingly. Cant believe Origi doesn’t get a go from the bench second half...seriously?

Mane’s first half miss was straight out of the toilet. The rest of his play...? He nearly cost us the game - TWICE!

Wow he was shocking by his standards
    I can believe Origi didn't get a go, sentimentality is part of the reason we failed to strengthen as necessary, you get players who don't deliver nearly enough on a consistent basis, who will, out of nowhere and entirely unexpectedly pop up and score you a couple of crucial goals, in Origi's case, prolonging his Liverpool career when it really shouldn't have been

I know you blame FSG for all of it, but despite their Champions League exploits, I was probably the only person here who thought we should move Origi and Shaqiri on that summer while their stock was as high as it would ever be and replace them with much better, because we needed and need much better, pretty much everyone here thought they should stay and be rewarded with extended deals after our Champions League win and that's what happened and it set us back

Dudek and Smicer weren't good enough on a consistent basis, nowhere near good enough, they both played a massive role in winning us a Champions League final, but were still moved on

Mane will come back stronger. Needs a total rest and some mental and emotional support.

Off the pitch, he’s an amazing person. Does his part for charity and supports several.

He was and will be an integral part of our team for years to come. Get him away from Diouf and he’ll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Mane will come back stronger. Needs a total rest and some mental and emotional support.

Off the pitch, he’s an amazing person. Does his part for charity and supports several.

He was and will be an integral part of our team for years to come. Get him away from Diouf and he’ll be fine.
    Spot on Doc, I do think he has struggled with the tweak to his position, but a lot of players struggle with things like that, look at Wolves and how trying to go 442 affected all their players.

I think Mane is an incredible person and player, but, I have never rated him as a No9, I think when he is properly fit and physically at his usual levels he is one of THE best LFWDs in world football, 8.5-9 out of 10, I love the guy, but I only rate him at 6-6.5 as a No9 or one of 2 central forwards

I guess ideally we'd keep the front 3 with some fresh young top talent that'll take place of the front 3 slowly

but we know FSG won't do that without selling.

interesting to see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I guess ideally we'd keep the front 3 with some fresh young top talent that'll take place of the front 3 slowly

but we know FSG won't do that without selling.

interesting to see what happens
    I think after everything this season they'll likely back Jurgen better, probably only with 40-50m plus money from players sales, but we've got Keita, Shaq, Oxlade, Wilson, Grujic, Origi and a few others to sell

Defo can't go into next season hoping Keita and Ox will get over their consistent injury problems. I think they are done unfortunately. Gruijic and Origi also out the door. I'd add Adrian. Nat Phillips.

TBH I'd do the perm deal for Kabak, I'd also like to give Minamino another chance.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Defo can't go into next season hoping Keita and Ox will get over their consistent injury problems. I think they are done unfortunately. Gruijic and Origi also out the door. I'd add Adrian. Nat Phillips.

TBH I'd do the perm deal for Kabak, I'd also like to give Minamino another chance.
    I wouldn't touch Kabak, looking like it's pretty nailed on we'll be signing Konate and if we add another CB, we need another commanding CB, not a Kabak, whoever plays alongside Virgil will be targetted by opposition sides, they tried and failed with Matip, because he's a fucking incredible commanding CB too, but they did it successfully with Gomez, Lovren and would do exactly the same with Kabak

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I wouldn't touch Kabak, looking like it's pretty nailed on we'll be signing Konate and if we add another CB, we need another commanding CB, not a Kabak, whoever plays alongside Virgil will be targetted by opposition sides, they tried and failed with Matip, because he's a fucking incredible commanding CB too, but they did it successfully with Gomez, Lovren and would do exactly the same with Kabak
    I actually meant as well as Konate. Gomez and Matip are too injury prone.
    We get a solid partner for VVD (Konate) + a young prospect/potential (Kabak)

Kabak is 21. He got pulled in to play into a defence with inexperienced players in empty stadiums etc etc.

I don't see Phillips as a back up next season - he's done ok

Matip might be ok with being 4th choice. Gomez would probably want regular first team. When he's on top of his game, he's really good but I think that a mix of injuries and the fact it takes him time to get up to speed post injury means he could be moved on
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"