Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sadio Mane

Sincerely hoping that Sadio does not have a spiteful side to him regarding our club and that his performances this year are down to something else.

long covid

I think he is staying going by what our close connected journos are saying.

Be interesting if we got a £70-80m bid though would we be tempted if that opened the door for Sancho ?

I'm in the no camp to that question but the thought does keep crossing my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I think he is staying going by what our close connected journos are saying.

Be interesting if we got a £70-80m bid though would we be tempted if that opened the door for Sancho ?

I'm in the no camp to that question but the thought does keep crossing my mind.
    I'd rather have De Paul and Bissouma (have both of them that is) than Sancho and get Malen in as another forward and keep Mane
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Sancho's productivity is through the roof, he's English (homegrown rules, might actually be awarded the odd penalty ) and has youth on his side - could get a decade out of him potentially, or get 5 years out of him and sell on at a profit.

I really, really, really like Mane. I'd be very reluctant to shift him. But although I wouldn't go so far as to say "I'd snap your hand off" about your scenario, it would certainly be one to give very serious thought to.

As reluctant as I am to ever say anything positive about Man United or Fergie, there was a "recycling" and rejuvenating culture there where it was understood how to build the "next" team and we don't want a scenario where our front three are all hitting 32-ish at the same time.

Certain talents (Mbappe, Haaland, Ansu Fati, Joćo Felix, Sancho at present) tend to come along where it's always worth weighing up certain possibilities. No footballer's career is a certainty but having a future star of the English game at the club while we had an English club Captain (who has Captained the national side) and a very promising English talent (Harvey Elliott) and an English (Scouse!) attacking right-back could certainly open certain doors and the pros/cons would be worth discussing once the season comes to a close.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    No footballer's career is a certainty but having a future star of the English game at the club while we had an English club Captain (who has Captained the national side) and a very promising English talent (Harvey Elliott) and an English (Scouse!) attacking right-back could certainly open certain doors and the pros/cons would be worth discussing once the season comes to a close.
    We have key England players in our squad now and have still been treated like absolute shite this season, so no, it won't open any doors, not ever, until there is a shake up of the culture in the FA and Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Sancho's productivity is through the roof, he's English (homegrown rules, might actually be awarded the odd penalty ) and has youth on his side - could get a decade out of him potentially, or get 5 years out of him and sell on at a profit.

I really, really, really like Mane. I'd be very reluctant to shift him. But although I wouldn't go so far as to say "I'd snap your hand off" about your scenario, it would certainly be one to give very serious thought to.

As reluctant as I am to ever say anything positive about Man United or Fergie, there was a "recycling" and rejuvenating culture there where it was understood how to build the "next" team and we don't want a scenario where our front three are all hitting 32-ish at the same time.

Certain talents (Mbappe, Haaland, Ansu Fati, Joćo Felix, Sancho at present) tend to come along where it's always worth weighing up certain possibilities. No footballer's career is a certainty but having a future star of the English game at the club while we had an English club Captain (who has Captained the national side) and a very promising English talent (Harvey Elliott) and an English (Scouse!) attacking right-back could certainly open certain doors and the pros/cons would be worth discussing once the season comes to a close.
    Saka from Arsenal instead of Sancho?

Sancho does have good numbers in a good league, is young and English.

He has been in trouble for being late a few times which wont go down well in Germany or with Klopp.

Like anything Sid everyone has a price and if our valuation is met we would sell without doubt (I reckon we would want £90-100m).

There is talented players all over the place depends what type of forward we want Daka Cunha David Malen Martinez.

Shankly, Paisley, Fagan and Kenny bought players who'd run through a brick wall for the club, Souness bought players who thought they were a brick wall and would sooner run down the pub, the bookies or kebab shop

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Shankly, Paisley, Fagan and Kenny bought players who'd run through a brick wall for the club, Souness bought players who thought they were a brick wall and would sooner run down the pub, the bookies or kebab shop
    They were all guilty of buying dross at times.
    Check back through your history books