Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sadio Mane

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Yeah but that was fabinho's fault

Ahhh Sheeesh... I should have known... Sorry..
    Last edited by Steveo; 21st May 2021 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Mane hasn't looked like Mane for an age mate and little has changed.

In fact at times v Burnley he looked worse than ever especially first half.

Didn't they both he and Robbo largely play in their usual positions in the:

1:0 loss to Southampton?
    0:1 loss to Burnley?
    1:4 loss to City?
    3:1 loss to Leicester City?
    0:2 loss to Everton?

and the

0:1 loss to Chelsea?
    What was different, and bodes well, was that lovely goal celebration involving Sadio, Mo and Bobby.

Yes agreed. What was also different and noticeable second half....was that all 3 started to FINALLY play like a trio... a family.

Yes agreed. What was also different and noticeable second half....was that all 3 started to FINALLY play like a trio... a family.
    Hopefully still happy times ahead Steveo for that family!

Let's hope

Didn't both he and Robbo largely play in their usual positions in the:

1:0 loss to Southampton?
    0:1 loss to Burnley?
    1:4 loss to City?
    3:1 loss to Leicester City?
    0:2 loss to Everton?

and the

0:1 loss to Chelsea?
    No they did not, that relationship was affected by the tweak of position, it was in evidence in some passages of play v Southampton and Mane should have had a nailed on penalty through that, distribution and the ball being played early to release Robbo with Mane ahead of him or played to Mane with Robbo getting quickly in support of him has also been an issue when we have attempted to revert to using that link up in passages of games since the change, with Hendo either injured or playing at CB, but in the last few games Thiago has evolved incredibly and started to use his phenomenal range of passing to play the balls as described early to either and has been mixing his game up between keeping the tempo and possession and being devastatingly direct and playing the ball quickly when it's on
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

So basically both Mané and Robbo are pointless ( we can expect no better than we saw in those games ) unless we play in one very restricted way which also cannot be tweaked at all whatsoever...

Hmm I guess we shall all have to reassess what we think of both players in light of this.

So basically both Mané and Robbo are pointless ( we can expect no better than we saw in those games ) unless we play in one very restricted way which also cannot be tweaked at all whatsoever...

Hmm I guess we shall all have to reassess what we think of both players in light of this.
    Maybe Mr Intellectual, take a look at Wolves this season and think on about how drastically their changes affected their performances and form, changes affect players

If Robbo has been brilliant through driving forward and linking with Mane wide left to release Mane or to play off him to be released to cross from better areas, as happened for our first 2 goals v Burnley, it might occur to somebody who knows a thing or two about the game, that is Robbo is driving forward and doesn't have a single player even close to him and no-one in front of him to link with, it obviously is going to severely affect, limit and restrict his opportunities to link with a player, release them or be released and be in better positions more consistently to put balls in, crosses in and shots in that we are used to him doing

Tell me genius, how do you propose Robbo is supposed to play to his highest levels with no one ahead of him to link with, I'm sure you can maybe work it out, it's not exactly rocket science, it's in fact incredibly basic stuff that someone who knows a thing or two about the game should grasp immediately as i did when I first saw it happening

Calm down mate - you just need to talk a bit less and engage your brain a little more.

You will get closer that way.

Robbo has been utter garbage for much of this season buster - it isn’t about him playing at his best levels - it’s about him being able to strike a sodding football when he needs to.... or play a simple 5 yard pass... Ditto Mané - both have been poor for long spells - don’t go chatting about highest levels.

Mate, you don't know a thing or two about this game, you know nothing, you don't even understand simply basics like if there isn't a player to link with either player, they can't do what they do, you constantly knock longer balls or balls played early, most of our goals in the last 4 seasons have come from longer balls or balls played early to release players, if the play is condensed on one side and a player is making a run into space on the opposite side, that's the best ball

I won't go through them all, but 2 of Robbo's best assist this season were shorts crosses from an inside left position, one for Bobby to control and score v Palace and one for Jota to head home first time, for both these goals what gave Robbo and the forward making the run the time for this to happen, was a player in front of Robbo making a run in behind between the channel, occupying both their full back and RCB so neither got to Robbo quickly to close him down, without these runs, Robbo would have been closed down quickly and neither goal happens, but to your mind, Robbo not having a player to link with and to make those runs in behind isn't important - That's such basic stuff, which you simply don't understand