Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Sadio Mane

Absolutely right Steveo. Palace could have been out if sight had their finishing boots not been left in the changing room.
    The scoreline at HT flattered us massively.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    On Palace first game - I did say they could have been 4 up at half time - and for good reason. They had by far the better opportunities to score
    They had 5 shots in the entire game, in 90 minutes, only 3 of those were on target, some were in the second half, how can a team that only mustered 3 shots and only 1 on target in the entire first half have possibly been 4-0 up by half time. I know you're struggling with this, but, in a game of football, you have to create chances and have shots on target to score goals, if you only had 3 attempts in the first half and only one of those on target, there was never any possibility you could have been 4-0 up by half time
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    They had 5 shots in the entire game, in 90 minutes, only 3 of those were on target, some were in the second half, how can a team that only mustered 3 shots and only 1 on target in the entire first half have possibly been 4-0 up by half time. I know you're struggling with this, but, in a game of football, you have to create chances and have shots on target to score goals, if you only had 3 attempts in the first half and only one of those on target, there was never any possibility you could have been 4-0 up by half time
    Here is a link to the match stats
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55268080
    But that sort of stat does not account for things such as missed opportunities e.g. a misplaced pass.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    But that sort of stat does not account for things such as missed opportunities e.g. a misplaced pass.
    I know what the match stats were, you can get the stats of every game on the official site

He also won’t mention that we only had 8 shots on target all game and scored 7. If only that was normal for us.

He can’t accept what everyone saw including Klopp because it validates what I said. Quite sad. Palace were unlucky not be ahead at HT and they could have been well ahead.. But never mind.

Best thing really is to watch the first half.. We really were extremely fortunate that day:
    Last edited by Steveo; 23rd May 2021 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    He also won’t mention that we only had 8 shots on target all game and scored 7. If only that was normal for us.

He can’t accept what everyone saw including Klopp because it validates what I said. Quite sad. Palace were unlucky not be ahead at HT and they could have been well ahead.. But never mind.
    They had one really good opportunity to put one on a plate in the first half which they should have have scored from on 28 minutes, but they fucked up their final ball, we were 1-0 up in 2 minutes and 10 seconds, you said, they could have been 4-0 up at half time, despite our having scored prior to them having a single chance or great opportunity to create any

You're certainly a strange one Steveo, we can have 4 or 5 really good chances and 4 or 5 when the final ball let us down in a game, but if we haven't scored by half time we've been piss poor, but the opposition can have 1 good chance, 3 or 4 opportunities to create one they stuffed up and they should have been 4-0 up, I always find your match threads post in particular take a very negative view of our players and lavish praise on the opposition unduly, sure you're not Carra? He has a habit of doing that also, along with the majority of commentators and pundits
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 23rd May 2021 at 01:46 PM.

We won by 7 from 8 shots on target... but could also have failed to score at all - as we have in many games where we hat more shots on goal. Game could have ended 0:0 .

Mate anything can happen in a game.

Let’s not forget that it is you who relentlessly posts regarding instances where our players would have scored but for X player fouling him. Where we would have won but for X referee’s blatant dislike for us, the corrupt FA... etc - Where X game would have been a win for us but for blatant VAR abuses. On and on and on.. And in some cases you have a point..

Does seem a bit rich for you to be suddenly unable to see such things in the case of the game at Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I know what the match stats were, you can get the stats of every game on the official site
    Match stats as they stand at present, however diligently collated, only tell a part of a match(and it must take a lot of people to put it all together and I wonder if they are checked and perhaps double-checked for their accuracy) but ..
    Methinks you use them to further your point when it seems fit but decry them when it does not.

Had a shocker.
    But got 2 crucial goals yesterday.

"Liverpool's Mane has scored in eight consecutive Premier League games against Crystal Palace, becoming just the second player to score in eight consecutive Premier League appearances against a single opponent, after Robin van Persie against Stoke.

Mane has scored 10 or more goals in all seven of his Premier League seasons (two with Southampton, five with Liverpool), the most number of campaigns by any player while scoring 10 or more in all of them "

Yep, they went through a few times but the final ball was poor. We could have been punished as we were v Villa
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"