Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: West Brom match thread

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He played over 700 games for us but he comes over as if he is a lifelong United fan !!

Ive not liked him for a while to be honest but two weeks ago he called it a peaceful protest all this after seeing flares through at pundits, police officer being attacked and he himself being called a "scouse c**t" he is a joke.
    Suspect there's a degree of enthusiasm on his part to be as good a Puppet as possible after Spitgate, so will willingly bend over to fuel further Sky narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    It's not a popular opinion but I always felt that Carra was vastly over-rated (by our fans). He was a solid defender and gave it 100%. His Istanbul performance (after the 1st half) summed him up.
    I never rated him, always thought he was wildly overrated because he was a scouser who came over from the bluenoses, although, since he's been on Sky it appears being a bitter never really leaves you, the games moved on a lot since he played AND we don't play a very deep line with top class players like Alonso and Mascherano also sitting deep in front of our defence protecting it.

People probably think I said it just to have a dig at Carragher, I don't do digs, a lot of people here perceive some of what I have to say as being said for the reasons they might say it, but due to my mental make up, all i do is call it as what I believe to be matter of fact, based on all the available evidence.

Like with Fab, I'm not saying he's a bad player, but he does have a persisting issue with charging to wherever the ball is a leaving a player he's supposed to be staying with or should have the game intelligence to stay with free, which I don't think is very clever in a side that play a very high risk pressing and counter pressing game

To me it is a matter of fact that Phillips is a better CB than Carra was, just the game has moved on, back in Carra's day most defence only had to worry about one opposition player being quick, never mind lightning quick and tricky in most games, in the modern game most players all over the pitch are very quick
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 17th May 2021 at 01:05 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Suspect there's a degree of enthusiasm on his part to be as good a Puppet as possible after Spitgate, so will willingly bend over to fuel further Sky narrative.
    Precisely. Compromised himself didn’t he. Now a puppet for Neville. Hate the whole setup

Thank god gerrard didn't do the same

then again imagine carra's man management it would be terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Thank god gerrard didn't do the same

then again imagine carra's man management it would be terrible.
    He'd last about 2 seconds in club management, he'd be a proper Mourinho blaming all his players and everyone but himself whenever anything went wrong, just like he used to in our team, only without Mourinho's other abilities and traits

He used to piss me off constantly if i'm honest, the amount of times he cunted our other lads off for something that was his fault used to really get on my tits, I just used to think "Shut your fucking fat gob and stop cunting everyone else off and do your own job properly you twat"

I dunno why he joined sky in the first place.. I wouldn't. they obviously are anti LFC..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I dunno why he joined sky in the first place.. I wouldn't. they obviously are anti LFC..
    All of English football is anti LFC or rather 'Anyone but Liverpool' it's been that way for years, yesterday Fat Sam and West Brom were all incredibly driven in the desire instilled in them over years that upsetting our apple cart and fucking us over to help out others clubs or stop us achieving our goals is the be all and end all

That was developed through the Murdoch media influence and through when he owned and ran Sky Sports, he was very tight with Ferguson and a huge fan of the filthy, even when they had a better team and significantly greater resources than us, Murdoch and Ferguson had every team playing harder against us as though we were Champions than most did against his United sides

Murdoch and Ferguson did Newcastle and Keegan over like that in their run in too, had players of every club playing out of their skin against Newcastle to hand the filthy the title

Even the people who are in denial of such things have commented here numerous times with complaints of teams turning up against us and giving City and other sides a much easier ride

In fairness the comment about the Centre forward was said in pure jest.
    I loved the guy as a player but he irritates me now as does Neville. Their whole Ant n Dec of football act is now very boring and needs changing. Sky are in danger of becoming a boys club like the BBC. You have Keane with his panto villain act that was funny to begin with but is now also boring.
    Theres only Souness who is rational.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    In fairness the comment about the Centre forward was said in pure jest.
    I loved the guy as a player but he irritates me now as does Neville. Their whole Ant n Dec of football act is now very boring and needs changing. Sky are in danger of becoming a boys club like the BBC. You have Keane with his panto villain act that was funny to begin with but is now also boring.
    Theres only Souness who is rational.
    I love Souness on Sky, he's the best pundit who appears on their programming, talks absolute sense and with fairness and balance almost all the time

Keane's not that bad, very partizan, but neither he or Souness were having Sky trying to make the story of the game at Old Trafford about Mane not fist bumping Jurgen, when the story was a hugely understrength Liverpool side absolutely thrashed a very average filthy side Sky have been talking up all season. Keane wasn't having it because he knows exactly what they're doing and wants this current side called out as the average side they are in the hope they'll make signings to improve that situation

And in fairness to Keane and Souness too (I think) they both pointed out what I've been saying about Fab being a destroyer rather than a Dm for over a season and his catastrophic error and lack of intelligence and knowing when he has to stay with a player for the filthy's opening goal, same thing he did v Real leaving Modric, same thing he did v Villa, same thing he did v Arsenal, same thing he did v Watford, same thing he did 3 times in the game v Southampton last season when they could easily have been 2 or 3 up before we scored, it needs fixing, not sure you can coach that out of a destroyer, but our staff need to give it a fucking good go, because he does do that shit constantly and if they can fix that, we have an absolutely incredible player on our hands, if they don't we have a great player with a serious flaw who will always be prone to being a liability
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 17th May 2021 at 01:53 PM.

Souness was great for us. Made a Faux Pas with the Sun which I think he truly regrets.
    Carragher was a great servant for us but after the spitting incident I am surprised he got any football-related media job back again let alone his old high-profile Sky job back. Disgusted with him. I ignore him.