Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: West Brom match thread

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Roy Evans brought Stig in. Souness preferred to bring Dicks in, another thug, like Ruddock.
    It was Souness.
    Michael Thomas was also good for us.
    David James should have been good but he too often seemed to spend his playing time dreaming of his next modelling contract.
    Here is the link to the Souness signings
    https://liverpoolfc.fandom.com/wiki/Graeme_Souness/Transfers

Souness was an incredible player for LFC but a disastrous manager for us. Sold a lot of very good players and bought a load of dross, including 2 or 3 with hardmen images who were thugs rather than footballers

Kenny was awesome, but, that Arsenal game when we didn't play as we had so brilliantly all season because we only needed a draw and ended up getting done by that Michael Thomas goal was a rare blemish, never play for a draw, play your game and impose it on the opposition and try and win it, if Kenny had done that in that game, we'd have never had the entire Michael Thomas thing, we'd have bummed them

Our teams under Jurgen are like that, we're not good at trying to get players behind the ball and keep things tight, we keep things tight best by pressing, counter pressing and attacking sides
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Every time i see David James on the TV.. I grit my teeth in anger.. The time he claimed he made errors because he was playing console games until 2 am.I just can't stand him one iota. he cost us a league title one year because of his antics.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Suspect there's a degree of enthusiasm on his part to be as good a Puppet as possible after Spitgate, so will willingly bend over to fuel further Sky narrative.
    True I think that is what he is doing.

Thing is if I had the money he does I wouldnt back down and kiss corporate arse.

For the record Sid I wouldnt spit at anyone either 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Souness was an incredible player for LFC but a disastrous manager for us. Sold a lot of very good players and bought a load of dross, including 2 or 3 with hardmen images who were thugs rather than footballers

Kenny was awesome, but, that Arsenal game when we didn't play as we had so brilliantly all season because we only needed a draw and ended up getting done by that Michael Thomas goal was a rare blemish, never play for a draw, play your game and impose it on the opposition and try and win it, if Kenny had done that in that game, we'd have never had the entire Michael Thomas thing, we'd have bummed them

Our teams under Jurgen are like that, we're not good at trying to get players behind the ball and keep things tight, we keep things tight best by pressing, counter pressing and attacking sides
    But Michael Thomas was a good signing by Souness yes/no?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Every time i see David James on the TV.. I grit my teeth in anger.. The time he claimed he made errors because he was playing console games until 2 am.I just can't stand him one iota. he cost us a league title one year because of his antics.
    He is an idiot wouldnt get away with that stuff now.

Razor Ruddock is another dick from that era ok he scored against United but look at the state of him now and then.

It was a different game then but as much as we all like the old days looking after yourself is one big plus now along with the brilliant pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

Razor Ruddock is another dick from that era ok he scored against United but look at the state of him now and then.

It was a different game then but as much as we all like the old days looking after yourself is one big plus now along with the brilliant pitches.
    Yes and theres plenty of help on the mental side of the game now..as well has the physical side. You still get plenty of players who have ego issues though. That's why clubs look into the players backgrounds before they sign them.
    I don't think any of our players have huge egos.. They wouldnt last long with Jurgen. I think thats one of the reasons we sold Sakho to Palace. that and the facts hes utter shit.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

Ruddock was a shit cunt and according to my journo landlords journo pals who did a feature and met players at the 'club house; he was the ring leader of the drinking gambling lads culture that went on under Evans and saw that group of players drastically under achieve and be labelled the Spice Boys, Macca and Fowler were named as a big part of it too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    But Michael Thomas was a good signing by Souness yes/no?
    And if I remember correctly what we needed back in 1989 was to avoid a defeat by more than 0-1. 0-2 was the score.
    Kenny had inherited and assembled a great team but they were ageing by the time he left and he had not addressed that issue. He had understandable major health issues.
    Souness inherited that ageing and injury- prone squad. Yes he made many, and sometimes massive, mistakes regarding transfers but so have the managers that have followed. Many times those signings have been welcomed by us fans but proven later to be a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    It was Souness.
    Michael Thomas was also good for us.
    David James should have been good but he too often seemed to spend his playing time dreaming of his next modelling contract.
    Here is the link to the Souness signings
    https://liverpoolfc.fandom.com/wiki/Graeme_Souness/Transfers
    I apologise I thought he signed in 97.