Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It’s a miracle that West Brom didn’t have at least 2 today. We are winging it yet again.
    We've been in a position injury wise all season in which we've had to wing it since Matip got injured as well

West Brom and Burnley has different types of forwards who pose different kinds of problems, Jurgen will pick the players he thinks give us our best chance of winning the game
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I doubt Jones will be starting wherever Fabinho plays. He was poor against one of the weakest midfields he is ever likely to play in a Liverpool shirt.

Why are you worrying about our defence when Burnley got stuffed 4-0 last game.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I doubt Jones will be starting wherever Fabinho plays. He was poor against one of the weakest midfields he is ever likely to play in a Liverpool shirt.
    He needs a loan next season, he was woeful et again today

Today's result and the manner in which it was achieved must have surely given all our lads and incredible boost of energy and belief and determination to get the result we need against Burnley, I expect them all to play like men possessed, after what Big Bear did for the team today and after our incredible 4-2 could have been a handful more drubbing of the filthy, we cannot let all tha tgo to waste and have to give our absolute everything, in every department, including the analysis and coaching staff, to make sure we get the win and against Burnley

Come lads, get the win, never EVER give up and............

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Why are you worrying about our defence when Burnley got stuffed 4-0 last game.
    Suspect people recall the last time we played Burnley, a couple of days after Klopp's mother died.

Origi was through one-on-one and ended up clattering the bar instead of scoring a gilt-edged chance and we knew it would be one of "those" days.

They went on to beat us 1-0 (penalty) after a very frustrating game. Bit of handbags between Dyche and Klopp at half-time, some of which could probably be put down to Klopp's (understandably) heightened emotional state.

Would love a comfortable win against them. As much jubilation as Alisson's goal caused today I'm not sure I am ready to be put in the washing machine again as soon as Wednesday night.

ON a really REALLY positive note, we effectively broke West Brom's low press and released players between their midfield and defence numerous times, again we could have scored more and could have created more gilt edge chances with a better final ball from those positions, so that's what we need to do against Burnley

One thing I was curious about was how much we focused on playing and attacking down our right, but actually it was tactically quite brilliant, their most dangerous and creative player who was their designated player for counters to try and do damage to us was on their left, so in focusing our play and having bodies on our right, while still releasing Robbo a few times on the opposite side with Thiago's switches, meant in the absence of our press and counter press being at or even near its best, we were effectively nullifying that players threat

I think Jurgen and the players will have learned quite a lot from yesterdays game and they need to use all of that to get the 3 points v Burnley

Alisson

Trent Phillips R.Williams Robertson

Thiago Fabinho Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

I think we're expecting to have Millie and Ox back for this game too, so we'll have a little more on the bench

It is absolutely crucial we win this game

ANOTHER cup final

Alisson

Trent Phillips R.Williams Robertson

Thiago Fabinho Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Ours lads simply MUST be bouyed and energised by Alisson's and Trent's heroics in the last game, it is absolutely vital our lads make sure they win this game, by 2 or more goals ideally and put themselves in that 4th spot

We need to be absolutely devastatingly lethal in our finishing and precision and accuracy and decision making with our opportunities to create chances and final ball

We need to make sure we are lightning quick to press their players to stop them launching balls from deeper and crossing

I don't think there is any need to go gung ho from the start, we need a really measured, mature, professional performance, with the intensity, focus, quality and speed in everything we do, we don't know how they'll set up now they're safe and what their game plan will be, starting with Gini and Fab both sitting a little deeper in the first 20 especially and having Thiago getting further forward into positions he can use his incredible passing to create goals being more direct as he has been of late and release people with one of the full backs joining him and having them looking to create and score, press them quickly and win the ball back high, with Gini and the other full back taking great counter pressing positions would be great

Come the fuck on Liverpool, a high HIGH quality professional performance and a no dramas 2-0 win (more if possible ) is exactly what is needed in this game