Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I would really be tempted to put Fabinho back to CB with Phillips. Williams is just not up to it.
    We might be best advised to have fab sit deeper just ahead of our 2 CBs the entire game and let one of the full backs at a time and everyone else go and attack, effectively having four players back, with Fab and the full back not forward picking up one of their forwards and wide options and see if we can get the goals we need to win the game like that for the first 60 minutes
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Williams will not survive a Burnley barrage. They have better forwards than West Brom, Wood will definitely score against us.

Williams will not survive a Burnley barrage. They have better forwards than West Brom, Wood will definitely score against us.
    Crystal Palace arguably have even better forwards again. It's a difficult end to the season this!

Just hope we can grind it out.

If we have Fabinho sit all game, if they are attacking or have a counter, we quickly have 3 CBs and a full back to defend it

Same line up today but at times we had no CB’s.

Same line up today but at times we had no CB’s.
    No no no, there were absolutely massive gaps between the 2 Cbs and Fab all game, he was absolutely not sitting, he was our furthest forward midfielder on a number of occasions and if he was supposed to be sitting a lot closer to them, then he wants a right royal rollicking for leaving them 2 v2 on so many occasions

We looked allover the place at the back today at times. Williams and Philips just weren't in tandem, both going for the same ball and out of position a lot. They need to hold their positions better.
    Overall though in the first half the intensity wasn't there and we were very slow to get the ball forward. The constant "to me,to you" on their 18 yard box was infuriating.
    We've had a lucky escape today and need to make it count.

First game poor game from Phillips. But he's been more than decent in all his other games, so has credit in the bank.

Williams is nowhere near the level we need but he's a 6th choice kid, so it feels a little harsh to criticise him too much.

We've improved since moving Fab back into midfield, whilst I agree with 19 on the fact that he's not really a holding midfielder, he's a great Destroyer but isn't disciplined enough to just hold his position, he gets suckled into situations he just needs to leave well alone.

I think it's a case of hoping we have enough left in the tank to get us over the line.

To still be in a situation of getting into the top 3/4 is pretty ridiculous when we're going in with our 5/6 (arguably 7th) choice cbs.

If love to see how other clubs would cope with that.

Look at the bollocks we had to listen to about United missing Maguire!

We have no idea who will be fit on Wednesday.

Its possible we have a midfield of Milner Gini Thiago and Fabinho at CB.

It’s a miracle that West Brom didn’t have at least 2 today. We are testing that back line beyond its limit. Cannot see us winning either of our remaining games. Worried that the euphoria of this evening will make it tougher too.