Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Burnley

Any win, ANY win will do. Going into the last game with all the pressure on 5th placed Leicester

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Any win, ANY win will do. Going into the last game with all the pressure on 5th placed Leicester
    Absolutely this.

Is Nick Pope still out?

I hope so, I’ll just check

He’s listed as “Questionable”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Absolutely this.

Is Nick Pope still out?
    50% according to Physioroom, let's assume he'll start, we've put four past him a couple of times anyway, ahead of the Euros and given Burnley only have pride to play for, you'd think they wouldn't take any risk with him if his knee isn't absolutely 100%, but as it's us they're playing, they'll likely start him even if his knee isn't 100% and they're risking his fitness ahead of the Euros
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 18th May 2021 at 11:28 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Burnley having fans will be a bigger difference than any absent player for them. It's gonna be hard given our performances but that's why the players and Klopp get paid the bug bucks.

Make sure Ben Mee is pressed incredibly quickly at all times, he's their defender who has a mistake or two in him under pressure

Make sure Fab isn't central defending our corners, he got bummed a few times letting players get a run on him and a higher climb off him, got bummed in both games v West Brom, by the same player, needs to learn to fucking jump so they can't get a climb off him and how to do enough to put the opposition player off, for all Carragher lacked as a player and despite being poor in the air, he was an absolute master of doing just enough to put players off and stop them getting an effective header on the ball

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    Burnley having fans will be a bigger difference than any absent player for them. It's gonna be hard given our performances but that's why the players and Klopp get paid the bug bucks.
    I've mixed feelings. On the one hand fans should help them as they will be pumped.

On the other, fans in the ground puts Dyche/players under a bit of pressure to play some of the match on the front door, which might actually gives us space to counter into a few times - which suits us much better than two banks of four.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I've mixed feelings. On the one hand fans should help them as they will be pumped.

On the other, fans in the ground puts Dyche/players under a bit of pressure to play some of the match on the front door, which might actually gives us space to counter into a few times - which suits us much better than two banks of four.
    I think with Thiago's new found using of his excellent passing more quickly and more directly we'll be far better at trying to play through 2 banks of four, in the first game Thiago was still in his overpassing slowing everything down mode from how he'd been used to playing at Barca and Bayern and that was a big issue in that game, our tempo and play was far too slow and predictable, we need our tempo of passing and directness and incisiveness to be right up there, use it quickly, accurately and well

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He’s listed as “Questionable”
    Put Alisson up front if he is - personally I am hoping for some fumata nera...