Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Williams will not survive a Burnley barrage. They have better forwards than West Brom, Wood will definitely score against us.
    Maybe Fabinho in the CD for the last 2 games?

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    Maybe Fabinho in the CD for the last 2 games?
    No need to move Fabinho anywhere, the centre backs are doing OK.

Alisson Trent Philips Williams Robertson Milner Fabinho Thiago Salah Firmino Mane.

I think we might have finally found a bit of a spark. It’s slow in igniting but there’s a few of the lads moving and playing with much more verve and confidence. Trent being the standout but the cbs and midfield look better too. Just get sadio on song now and we’ve a great chance to qualify.

I think Jurgen's absolutely right in his comparison that this game is like a Champions League semi final second leg, except we're playing to have the opportunity to be in the competition next season.

We have to play this game like it is a winner takes all Champions League semi final second leg, and we're playing for our opportunity to be in the final on Sunday, even treat it as though we're starting the game at a 1-0 disadvantage from the first leg

Be supremely focused, play maturely and with incredible quality and intensity in everything we do

We're playing for a place in the final, Burnley are playing for pride and will be bouyed be the support of their returning fans, we have to ensure our performances levels, intensity, quality and focus is far greater than whatever levels their returning fans can raise them to

We simply HAVE to win this game, it is a semi final of a huge knock out competition, we're playing for a place in the final, I would happily settle for a comfortable, highly intense, focus and professional performance and a no dramas, controlled and managed 2-0 win to move us into fourth spot, but we must also remember that every goal we score piles even greater pressure on other sides looking to win the final and forces them to approach their games differently, possibly to their detriment, so let's make ever opportunity to create a chance, every cross, every attempted through ball, every final ball count and make every chance that comes from them count and be absolutely ruthless
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It would be nice to win by a clear margin and cruise into Sunday's game
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I think we might have finally found a bit of a spark. It’s slow in igniting but there’s a few of the lads moving and playing with much more verve and confidence. Trent being the standout but the cbs and midfield look better too. Just get sadio on song now and we’ve a great chance to qualify.
    Good post Eggy.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Alisson

Trent Phillips R.Williams Robertson

Thiago Fabinho Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Massive Cup semi final this game, our lads are playing for a place in the final tonight and need to show all their experience, quality, intensity, focus, desire and know how and make sure their levels in all of this are much higher than the levels any fans at Turf Moor may be able to raise Burnley to and that what our lads deliver with that is far more than their opponents are able to, and get the win and another vital 3 points here tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    It would be nice to win by a clear margin and cruise into Sunday's game
    It would and i've seen plenty saying we need to win big.

I dont go along with that it wont be easy at all any win will do for me.

I am obviously worried about our CBs mainly but fingers crossed they play well.

Burnley look to be lining up 433 also according to Sky and have Norris in goal