Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Burnley match thread

Sid if we let him go that would be criminal. Give him a payrise and start him beside virgil in preseason, dont need 2 lightning CBs if our formation and offside trap is good. He's braver and better in the air in both boxes than gomez.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'd Honestly love us to keep Phillips if he is happy to stay, but would fully respect him wanting a move.

Would like to think he'd always be "looked after" going forward. Been a lovely story and a joy to watch.

Bet he wouldn't disgrace himself beside Van Dijk either.
    Agree - but even I would look passable alongside Virgil. Part of the problem to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    Sid if we let him go that would be criminal. Give him a payrise and start him beside virgil in preseason, dont need 2 lightning CBs if our formation and offside trap is good. He's braver and better in the air in both boxes than gomez.
    Not a chance mate, love and appreciate what he's done and how he's raised his game and developed, but as we play and want to play and play at our best, we need both CB's to have pace and be really good and comfortable defending one v one, and to be able to read the game brilliantly and step into midfield to dispossess forwards looking to play off our 2 CBs in the hole between midfield and defence and all those players Fab's supposed to be picking up but charges to wherever the ball is instead, to be great in the air in both boxes, to drive the ball forward and to play really accurate and testing long diagonals, balls over the top and switches and Phillips himself knows that's not him at all and they're the skills sets of every single CB we're rumoured to be looking at except Kabak, why? because they're the skills sets we need in a CB
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

That Ox goal means now that if we draw and Chelsea lose at Villa, we finish above them.

We just need to make sure we win our game by at least a couple of goals

One more final lads, fucking get the win

Only meaningful final Klopp has won was v Spurs...

Think that is 1 in 7.. Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Only meaningful final Klopp has won was v Spurs...

Think that is 1 in 7.. Hmm
    He's just won 4 in a row in this run

By that logic they were also Cup finals v Newcastle and Southampton. Even Klopp called that tonight a semi Final.

He needs to wake up with that back line - it’s utter garbage - even a simple ball forward is leading to a decent chance.

I would think about Fabinho and Phillips. Not that Fabinho was good tonight but he looks far more composed than Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    By that logic they were also Cup finals Newcastle and Southampton. Even Klopp that tonight a semi Final.

He needs to wake up with that back line - it’s utter garbage - even a simple ball forward is leading to a decent chance.

I would think about Fabinho and Phillips. Not that Fabinho was good tonight but he looks far more composed than Williams.
    No they were the last games of the qualifying stages before the 2 legged quarters and semis mate

Won the European Super Cup final and WCC final also