Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Crystal Palace

Of course, Benteke hits some form just in time to play us. He was always a torn in our side. Hopefully he doesn't come back to haunt us on Sunday. The 2 CBs need to be on their game.
    We need to cut out all crosses from them.

We're in the final, now we have to make sure we give it our absolute everything, use absolutely everything at our disposal and everything we've learned and know and that we damned well win it
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 19th May 2021 at 11:52 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Our lads have to be ready for another huge test and fight, Jurgen has to get his tactics right and we have to play to a very high level in everything we do to get the win on Sunday, it is a proper final, it will be a tough tough game, they have players who can hurt us, we have players who can hurt them, we have to make sure we give our players who can hurt them great opportunities to hurt them and more opportunities to hurt them and the best possible service we can and ensure that we stop the service to their players in areas they can hurt us and that we're ready to defend any and every situation with everything we have if they get any opportunities

Be interesting to see how we approach the game tactically, the 4312 with Mane and Mo both more central a lot of the time has served us well these last four games, but, in tonight's game our second goal came from a great piece of skill and assist from Mane when we reverted to our 433 with Mane and Mo both wider for a spell, and Ox's goal came from that too

In Palace's game v Arsenal tonight, all 3 of Arsenal's goals came from the wide forward areas

The first with a Liverpool Mane and Robbo type link up for their RFWD Pepe who can come central with the play on the other side to score

The second from building play advanced on their right, to play back to Ostergaard who played a bending ball through the channel for Martinelli to score making a outside in run from outside their RB into the centre to score

Their third from a Pepe, Salah like burst in from the RFWD position to find the far corner

Palace defend very narrow and get lots of players drawn very far over when the play is wide advanced left or right, and they also seem to 'gap' a hell of a lot at times when play is on either flank, leaving space on the opposite flank and big gaps in the centre too

If it were up to me, if I had my way, whoever the lucky 10,000 or however many it is who are able to be at the game on Sunday are, I would have a complete blanket ban on all mobile phones, radios and whatever else, our boys have missed the fans, they've missed them like hell, we just need to win this game to finish what has been a season from hell for everyone, and some more than others, on a high, it'd be great if all those who are lucky enough to be there, have their entire focus on being behind our lads in our game and with their heads a focus entirely in our game, not in any other teams game, because what the other teams do doesn't matter as long as we win our game, so putting their entire focus into our game and helping our lads to get the result they need, is the best possible way to help our lads get the job done

Are we going to be wearing our new orange and red kit? It’s an awful looking kit

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Are we going to be wearing our new orange and red kit? It’s an awful looking kit
    Yes it's hideous

Eze out for +/- 6 months with a ruptured achilles - shame for him, he is class - but good farass.

Benteke doubtful with suspected hamstring. So mark/kick Zaha and game over.

BTW normally don't care but that kit is disgusting. I can only hope it is a test/joke and they have the real one in the back. How hard is it to fuck up red and white?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    People hated the stripe down the kit this season and as the year has gone on, hardly anyone mentions it.

It's one of the same 3 things every year. Kit is "best ever" or "worst ever" or "fine I guess" for a couple of months, then we either get used to it or become indifferent to it.

The ones which tend to be the most memorable are usually the ones we do well in. If we beat Crystal Palace and get Top Four, some ill feeling towards the new kit will soften and that process will only continue if we end up doing well next season in it, or beating particular sides in it. I'm sure there were a few more sales of that green/turquoise/aquamarine/whatever camo job once we beat Man United in it and there will probably be a few more sales of it if we finish Top Four, as that match will be the one people view as the turn-around.

Indeed, if we do go on to finish Top Four, we might view that little reprieve (the cancelled Man United match) as a big turning point for us - Robertson has certainly looked a bit re-energised since and he isn't alone. Those protesters may yet prove to have inadvertently done us a favour.

With hard work and a slice of luck, we hopefully beat Palace, put this season behind us and use the experience of getting European qualification with half a squad as another weapon in our mentality arsenal. This side has weathered the storm of so many challenges already, so hopefully the new kit can herald a visual representation of us getting over the line.

All be over in a couple of days.

I get all that Sid, but why would you put orange on our kit. It's awful, truely awful.

I hope the extra $ was worth it because Nike produce some of the worst kits in the game.

They must have a bunch of clueless fucking knobs working for them.

Horrific.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side