Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Crystal Palace

"We're not a team that relishes two matches in 3 days, even less a team that relishes three matches in 6/7 days. We found that [during] Project Restart. We have really need that week in between games to prepare. So Sunday might prove quite difficult in that respect."

- another motivational speech from Roy Hodgson.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/crystal-palace/vertragsende/verein/873

Quite amazing to see so many players are potentially playing their last ever game for Crystal Palace at the weekend.
    Can see them going down soon, if they don't spend some money, or sell zaha for big money and spend that actually well.

As a colour, orange represents positivity, so I really don't mind the orange, my preference would be the deeper red and white or the deeper red and gold
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'd also add (on the kit) as much as I would prefer it to look "more Liverpool" the designers of these things are always harking back to kits from the past.

Every once in a while you have to do something a little different do that designers of the future have a particular kid to nod to - we could have had yellowy gold trim as we have had that before, or have it red and white (which I'd like personally) but I can totally live with having a "different" Home shirt now and then.

Think of the 90s and how divisive the enormous white Adidas stripes would have been. You can love that kit or hate that kit but it's certainly a memorable template. I adored the away with the green shoulders and black stripes as a kid, sadly it's the kit we lost an FA Cup final to Man United in which tarnishes the memory a touch, but "ah well" - just hope we have happy memories in the new kit.

I do wish I knew my way around Photoshop. Some of the 90s kits of the Italian clubs have excellent sort of template effects I'd love to play around with, but make them a Liverpool shirt.

just hope we have happy memories in the new kit.
    It's up to Jurgen and all the players to create brilliant and glorious memories in the new shirt, our part of it is giving them our incredible support, starting on Sunday, anyone going, please just fuck whatever is happening in any of the other games and concentrate and focus on supporting out lads, they've missed our supporters being there to support them, after all this time, let's not spoil the return of our fans by some of them only being half there, with their minds and attention half in some other clubs games, fiddling with their phones or radios

I'd also add (on the kit) as much as I would prefer it to look "more Liverpool" the designers of these things are always harking back to kits from the past.

Every once in a while you have to do something a little different do that designers of the future have a particular kid to nod to - we could have had yellowy gold trim as we have had that before, or have it red and white (which I'd like personally) but I can totally live with having a "different" Home shirt now and then.

Think of the 90s and how divisive the enormous white Adidas stripes would have been. You can love that kit or hate that kit but it's certainly a memorable template. I adored the away with the green shoulders and black stripes as a kid, sadly it's the kit we lost an FA Cup final to Man United in which tarnishes the memory a touch, but "ah well" - just hope we have happy memories in the new kit.

I do wish I knew my way around Photoshop. Some of the 90s kits of the Italian clubs have excellent sort of template effects I'd love to play around with, but make them a Liverpool shirt.
    Snap on that away kit. I had one of those. Always thought it was one of the best we've had. We've had a few nice ones since. I tend to like the white ones personally. Like circa 01/02 under ged

Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post
    Snap on that away kit. I had one of those. Always thought it was one of the best we've had. We've had a few nice ones since. I tend to like the white ones personally. Like circa 01/02 under ged
    I also have one of those stashed away in my wardrobe. Best away kit we've had since I've followed the club

Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post
    For sure.

I liked the 3rd kit in 08/09 a lot. Really nice shade of green. Real Madrid had an excellent green (silver Adidas stripes) a few years ago.

Also quite like black kits. The one we wore against Marseille 07/08) was great. We also had a....it wasn't quite black - charcoal kit - 11/12, Suarez and Meireles were toying with Arsenal in it. Then there was a reasonable effort in....14/15 I think, black with thick horizonal bands, broken red diagonal "sash" through it - with modifications that kit could be great - and there was also the black kit with what I call the tiger claw marks on it, want to say it was 16/17 - think Mane got his left-footer thumper against Arsenal in that actually, possibly one of those games where we got 2/3/4 goals within a 20-minute spell.

I do appreciate some people want us to have certain colours we stick to for away kits - Milan are notorious for a white kit, Man United have that dark blue more often than not it seems, we used to have yellow (not a fan but appreciate the nostalgia for some, just as "older" fans hate the green kits I like) and so on, but mixing it up can be fun - though maybe not Space Invaders again

I loved the black and gold European away kit we had when Torres was with us, that was a great kit

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I loved the black and gold European away kit we had when Torres was with us, that was a great kit
    Ah, 09/10?

We had black shorts and socks I remember for that, yet when we faced Man United at Old Trafford we had gold shorts and socks. Wonder if we had that prepared for the 1/2 clashes per season of dark lower colours, or if we had gold training gear we could mishmash with - can't remember, but definitely recall it being an all-black strip, gold highlights (Adidas stripes, lettering, numbering) aside of course.

Always wanted a black and silver kit. The charcoal I mentioned earlier was more a very dark grey than a black. Black and silver would be glorious.

I'd also love to muck around with concepts for a purple kit. There's a very distinct purple that Fiorentina had years ago - Lotto(?) were the brand and 7-Up was the sponsor on the chest, it would be a brilliant colour template to work with.