Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Crystal Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Can see them going down soon, if they don't spend some money, or sell zaha for big money and spend that actually well.
    It's wild.

Just to elaborate on it -

The age profile of their senior first team squad is as follows -

23 and under - 2 players
    24 to 29 - 6 players
    30 to 33 - 12 players
    34 and up - 4 players

14 of those 24 players have their contracts expire this summer and thus (in theory) will all be leaving. That is one Hell of a rebuild for the next Manager. What a "legacy" Roy is leaving - is he hoping that they capitulate in 21/22 so his spell there looks better?!?! There have been plenty of transitions in Football where one Manager leaves a somewhat aging or weaker team so the next custodian has a bit of work to do, but that is a complete mess.

Getting an awful lot of money off the wage bill, sure, but who in their right mind would want to join? Are they planning to promote a lot of Youth?

Those contacts should have been sorted out long ago, that's down to Hodgson and the board. Whoever takes that job on has one hell of a task.

All we need now is a "Demise of Palace" thread and you know what happens next..

When will they learn eh..?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

I suppose a demise of lfc thread could be the order of the day according to some, just scraping to a CL spot this weekend after winning it last year.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I suppose a demise of lfc thread could be the order of the day according to some, just scraping to a CL spot this weekend after winning it last year.
    We have to win this game first to ensure we're in the Champions League next season, we have everything we need to win it, rhythm, momentum, our fans, the players to open Palace up as we did in the first meeting because they haven't changed how they defend the same situations since that game and were undone by Arsenal in their last game through the exact same things

We need to be at and play at our best levels and make sure we get this game won and finish the job
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

You're right, I forgot the very discussion of other clubs heralds Liverpool's apocalypse.

Thank the Lord that fans of the Bitters keep talking about us to ensure our historical success eh?

There's nothing to be gained from articulating our chances of losing matches other than getting to say "see? see? I told you so" every X number of weeks.

We've had an incredibly challenging season yet still have a chance of Champion's League football next season.

Just enjoy it. The stakes on Sunday are huge - we have something to be excited about. Something to make us FEEL rather than playing out a dead rubber. That's what it's all about!

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    There already is one don't forget!

If (if!) we win at the weekend, we'll be finishing, what, 5 points off 2nd place?

Having had basically half a squad, 2 of our front 3 out of form for chunks of the season, about 12 points taken off us by VAR, 6 Home losses on the spin, players with Covid and being reduced to 5th/6th choice centre-backs, with Robertson physically spent for a couple of months and Trent having his worst form in an LFC shirt for a chunk of time as well? All played out in front of no fans when we're one of the most "connected" of the large clubs in World Football?

If we turn it around and get into the Champion's League next season off the back of all that having had to suffer a global pandemic I think we can be proud of that and I imagine Klopp will be too.

It's a lot to play for. We are "in the Final" now - what would Arsenal or Spurs or Everton give to be in our position at 4pm on Sunday? Will be taking none of it for granted and can't wait to have my nerves shredded. Hopefully we get over the line.

I believe in our Manager, I believe in our players, I believe in this team.

Yes I realise there's one up and running lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    You're right, I forgot the very discussion of other clubs heralds Liverpool's apocalypse.

Thank the Lord that fans of the Bitters keep talking about us to ensure our historical success eh?

There's nothing to be gained from articulating our chances of losing matches other than getting to say "see? see? I told you so" every X number of weeks.

We've had an incredibly challenging season yet still have a chance of Champion's League football next season.

Just enjoy it. The stakes on Sunday are huge - we have something to be excited about. Something to make us FEEL rather than playing out a dead rubber. That's what it's all about!
    well said, before the man utd game i lost all interest and was depressed over the footie!!!

how quick things can change!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    There already is one don't forget!

If (if!) we win at the weekend, we'll be finishing, what, 5 points off 2nd place?

Having had basically half a squad, 2 of our front 3 out of form for chunks of the season, about 12 points taken off us by VAR, 6 Home losses on the spin, players with Covid and being reduced to 5th/6th choice centre-backs, with Robertson physically spent for a couple of months and Trent having his worst form in an LFC shirt for a chunk of time as well? All played out in front of no fans when we're one of the most "connected" of the large clubs in World Football?

If we turn it around and get into the Champion's League next season off the back of all that having had to suffer a global pandemic I think we can be proud of that and I imagine Klopp will be too.

It's a lot to play for. We are "in the Final" now - what would Arsenal or Spurs or Everton give to be in our position at 4pm on Sunday? Will be taking none of it for granted and can't wait to have my nerves shredded. Hopefully we get over the line.

I believe in our Manager, I believe in our players, I believe in this team.
    Must win game on Sunday, and through everything that our players and Jurgen have been through and had to adapt to this season, finishing in 3rd or 4th and qualifying for the Champions League with the thread bare squad and options we've had all season will indeed be an incredible achievement all things given due weight and consideration
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”