Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Crystal Palace

Another massive Cup Final

Alisson

Trent Phillips R.Williams Robertson

Thiago Fabinho Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Ours lads simply MUST be bouyed and energised by the return of our fans and the maturity and level of their collective performances and the inspiring performances and return to form and increase in form of 4 or 5 players in the last few games, it is absolutely vital our lads make sure they win this game, by 2 or more goals ideally to absolutely ensure, they finish this most difficult and testing campaign in 3rd or 4th position.

Focus will be vitally important, fans being back is fantastic, but there's no doubt there will be the usual muppets with their radio commentary or mobile phones paying unnecessary attention to other games instead of focusing on putting all their attention and support behind our lads in the game we're playing and any news from other games will no doubt filter through to the lads as it did in the final day game v Wolves in the 18-19 season, and we can't let that affect us even for a minute as it did in that game for 20 minutes or more, stay focused on our task, getting the win and playing to our highest possible levels

We need to be absolutely devastatingly lethal in our finishing and precision and accuracy and decision making with our opportunities to create chances and final ball

We need to make sure we are lightning quick to press their players to stop them launching balls from deeper and crossing and releasing their most threatening forwards

I don't think there is any need to go gung ho from the start, we need a really measured, mature, professional performance, with the intensity, focus, quality and speed in everything we do, we don't know how they'll set up now they're safe and what their game plan will be, starting with Gini and Fab both sitting a little deeper in the first 20 especially, Gini assisting snuffing out Zaha whichever side thye start him of move him to throughout and having Thiago getting further forward into positions he can use his incredible passing to create goals being more direct as he has been of late and release people with one of the full backs joining him and having them looking to create and score, press them quickly and win the ball back high, with Gini and the other full back taking great counter pressing positions would be great

Come the fuck on Liverpool, a high HIGH quality professional performance and a no dramas 2-0 win (more if possible ) is exactly what is needed in this game, let's end the season on a high, with our fans and a great deal of satisfaction and momentum going into next season with players returning through the incredible job of navigating this most testing of all seasons - Get this game won and won well, finish the job
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 22nd May 2021 at 05:05 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Rumours that Kabak might be back for tomorrow.

And Klopp saying Jota is a possible too. It will be tough no matter what.

Might be worth risking these players as it's the last game.

Absolutely - we need to throw the kitchen sink at them. Whatever it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Might be worth risking these players as it's the last game.
    I'd start with the team v Burnley, good to have these lads on the bench if they make it at all, but they're not 100% and we need to be at 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Absolutely - we need to throw the kitchen sink at them. Whatever it takes.
    We don't need to throw the kitchen sink at them at all, how we were able to open them up at their place, is for the same reasons Arsenal were able to put 3 past them in their last game, how they defend certain situations, we need to play a focused, high energy, high intensity, high quality highly focused game, we don't need to go gung ho, we just need to make our plans on how to beat them and go out and execute those plans.

There is the potential we may need to go hell for leather at some stage, but we absolutely don't need to start like that

Beat them 5 or 6 and put a marker down for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Beat them 5 or 6 and put a marker down for next season.
    That would be great, if we can open them up in the same way as we did in the first game and be as clinical, i'd be happy with a mature and professional no dramas 2-0 or 3-0 win as long as that is enough, 3-0 would leave Leicester needing to beat Spurs 8-0 and as terrible as woefully inadequate as their interim manager is, I think that's highly unlikely, were Jose still there, he'd park the bus and pick them off 2-0 on the counter with Son, Kane and Moura

Let’s sit back and play it Cagey - Lord knows we have such a wealth of experience at CB.

Basically we need to get someone to keep Jurgen locked up at home while the resident “expert” 19 takes control for the game.

He clearly knows everything. Literally everything... If only Klopp had listened to the lad - we would be celebrating our 20th.